Studio Beam lamp douse with Hog1k

Hey guys, I just started working at a new venue and we have about 20 Studio Beams and a Hog1000. The way they have been powering everthing off is by just killing the power to the fixtures after the lamps have been running all day. I can see under the beam section of the hog that I cab get to one of the param wheels to read "control" and I can scroll over to "lamp off" but how do I send that command to the fixtures? Also the beams are running 2.4 and they don't seem to douse the lamps when DMX is pulled either. I'm just waiting for these things to start blowing up so any help is greatly appreciated!!
  • [QUOTE=djnik26;45584]Hey guys, I just started working at a new venue and we have about 20 Studio Beams and a Hog1000. The way they have been powering everthing off is by just killing the power to the fixtures after the lamps have been running all day. I can see under the beam section of the hog that I cab get to one of the param wheels to read "control" and I can scroll over to "lamp off" but how do I send that command to the fixtures? Also the beams are running 2.4 and they don't seem to douse the lamps when DMX is pulled either. I'm just waiting for these things to start blowing up so any help is greatly appreciated!!

Go into the programmer . . .
    Go to beam/control, and select "lamp off" on the appropriate encoder . . .
    Go to beam/shutter, and select "closed" on the appropriate encoder . . .
    Hold for a few seconds - the fixture should lamp off . . .

The key on most current HES stuff is that you have to send "lamp off" or "shutdown" *AND* have the shutter closed at the same time . . . the control channel setting along will be ignored to avoid accidental shutdowns . . .

And on most other HES stuff (I don't have Studio Beam, but do have Studio Color) DMX loss behaviour is configurable in the menus on the fixtures . . . check the manual, you can probably change it to what you want. Apparently, the last guy wanted his rig to be about as smart as a table lamp . . .

- Tim
  • [QUOTE=tadawson;45587]Apparently, the last guy wanted his rig to be about as smart as a table lamp . . .

- Tim

ha I agree. Anyways the process you described of going through the console worked like a charm. The way they were killing power to these things through the breaker was making me cringe. Thanks for the help!!:D
  • [QUOTE=djnik26;45597]ha I agree. Anyways the process you described of going through the console worked like a charm. The way they were killing power to these things through the breaker was making me cringe. Thanks for the help!!:D

Glad to be of help!

- Tim
Related