Hog 4 OS 3.14 and more releasing today!

sclausensclausen Registered User, HES Staff

Some exciting news today - Hog 4 OS v3.14 is released and coming to the web site later today. This release supports a new piece of hardware for the Hog family - the HPU. The HPU is a hybrid processor unit, taking over from the Rack Hog 4 and DP8K, both of which are retiring (no worries if you have them in stock - these are both still supported in software.) This 2U rack mount unit can run either in console or processor mode and puts out 64 universes of DMX (8 local XLR ports, otherwise over sACN or Art-Net or expandable with Widgets and Gadget II units.) Contact your local dealer for pricing and availability.

The 3.14 release includes a new patching workflow whereby you patch fixtures to internal 'linear' universes which can be assigned to any physical or network output in the system. Moving universes around no longer requires cloning and deleting, and universes can be assigned to multiple outputs if needed.

Also, the requirement to have wings connected to Hog 4 PC to unlock OSC/MIDI control of faders and encoders has been lifted.

All details of the features and changes in this release can be found in the updated user manual/help system and in the release notes. Look for those along with the new console full install (required - remember use Etcher, not Linux Live to create your image stick) and Hog 4 PC software later today at https://www.highend.com/.

https://highend.com/

Comments

• paulvanpantherpaulvanpanther Registered User, Hog Beta
    Hi, something is brocken with the Fixture libary in this Version. I tested the last 2 days some SolaPix 19 with the v3.13.0 Verion without no problem. today i changed with an clean Instal on our Hog 4 to v3.14 and patched our stage for an Concert tomorrow. the Solas stoped outputing any light. only pan tilt was working. After 3 hours testing with an DMX tester an so on ive seen that the DMX mapping is of. Now i use the v4.19.329 from the previous Software Release. (The Solapix19 uses 3 DMX channels more in the new version). also the Solapix 37 is missing in the new verion. Version of the Sola is the 1-4-1.
  • GibamaroGibamaro Registered User
    Hello. My ETCnomadkey not working in 3.14, Any idea what to do?
  • Noah_AllenNoah_Allen Registered User, HES Staff
    @paulvanpanther I believe this is because the fixture library to the Solapix was updated for a new fixtuture software version. This software released earlier today. To calrify, can you tell me the software version of the fixtures you are using?
    @Gibamaro please remove any mappings, reboot your PC, and add the mappings.
    Hello @Noah_Allen , thank you for answering. I tried this procedure and I also reinstalled it still didn't work.
  • paulvanpantherpaulvanpanther Registered User, Hog Beta
    It was the fixture Software. now we are using 1.4.4.
    edited October 2020

edited October 2020

I will go back to version 3.13. :(

• shandy666shandy666 Registered User
    Im trying to add a dp8000 to my H4 Pc v3.14 and I can only map it to my super widget channels licenses ? Why am I not seeing my dp8000 licenses ?
  • maeganw12maeganw12 Registered User, HES Alumni
    Hi shandy666 I'd suggest watching the new patching mapping tutorial here You might need to add more universes. We by default give you the number of widget outputs that are available, so to get all 16 universes, you will need to add the other 8 universes. Then, patch those universes, and then map those universes to the proper output.
    edited October 2020

How do I add the other universes? In version 3.14.

@Gibamaro In the fixture window, after selecting the fixtures to patch, hit @ and then press (Add Universes).
  • shandy666shandy666 Registered User
    I have a super widget and a Dp8000 ! super widget has a map option . DP8000 does not have a map option ? or am I missing something
    @shandy666 Are you trying to map in the processor for the DP 8000? Can you post a picture of what your options to map are? This might be better handled via email back and forth. Shoot an email to support@highend.com and we will make sure your taken care of.
  • AlFeltsldAlFeltsld Registered User
    I just created a plot in HOG 4 PC and it will not show values that are in the programmer.
    @AlFeltsld Can you give some more information?
  • AlFeltsldAlFeltsld Registered User
    First of all, I am new to HOG 4. I created a brand new show and added and patched some fixtures. Then looked up how to create a layout of the lights using plots. I followed the video on plots from the HOG 4 channel and created my plots. However, when I add information to the programmer, it does not show up on the plot.
    @AlFeltsld Firstly, welcome to Hog! If you want some training resources, I can help you out with that. Shoot me an email, and I can send you some stuff Secondly, would you mind emailing me your show file? I can take a look at it and determine what the issue might be. noah.allen@highend.com
  • brucehigbrucehig Registered User
    Running Hog4 PC and I just upgraded to 3.14 and it shows control of my fixtures in the programmer, but nothing in the Output window. It shows recorded cues but no playback in the output window? I can open the Cue and it seems the fixture info is there, but nothing is happening. Thoughts? Thanx
    Are your fixtures patched? Do you have outputs mapped?
  • jaguinacjaguinac Registered User
    Hello, my dp 8000 is not upgrading to 3.14, any restriction about this upgrade, or any new idea about it. Thanks..
    @jaguinac have you tried updating from console? Have you tried upgrading from USB restore? 29.5: DMX Processor Software Update 29.6: DMX Processor Software Full Install
    @Noah_Allen after a lot of attempts finally it received the upgrade, but i´m going back to 3.13.1, desktop s crashing every time try to do anything about the network config, and the dmx doesn't work either.. Thanks..
    @jaguinac Hmm that is very odd, we have not had any similar reports yet on 3.14.0. Are you on Hog 4 PC or a console?
    @Noah_Allen i´m running on a full boar, with a blue dp 8000 processor..