3.13.0 - Out of Hard Drive Space - Show Init Failure

dandan Registered User, Hog Beta
Hi,
I have hit this issue repeatedly over the past few years, so hopefully we can now get to the bottom of it, as its happing to my main console.

RoadHog4 - 3.13.0 Clean Installed (on release).
18 Showfiles
33 backups

If I try to expand a show file from any of the backups I get "SHOW INIT FAILURE"
PIG OPEN BACKSPACE cannot save the day.
Hard reset is the only option (or wait for Server Loading to finish).
If I try again to expand a show file from backup I get "FAILED TO MAKE DIRECTORY......"

So... the solution is to delete some shooflies... then I can expand fine...
.. which means I am out of Hard Drive space...
.. and that shouldn't be the case for so few files on the drive.

What tools can I use to see what is taking up the HD space? as when I have reported this in the past, developers have said that I shouldn't be out of HD space.
PIG OPEN 5 gets me to the file browser.... but I can't see any size values.

Thoughts?

PS.... I deleted 5 shows so I could continue touring.... and then re-expanded 4 shows.. and hit the same issue... so the state is not "cleaned" by any power cycling or Log On - Log Off actions..... you have a copy of the show file I sent a couple of weeks ago.

Comments

• dandan Registered User, Hog Beta
    Looking in the LOGS folder... I have:
    8x launcher-linux-......core.xz
    1 x server-linux-go.1510 (Blue Exclamation Mark ICON)
    3 x server-linux-go.....core.xz

knowing these files can take up a lot of space on HogPC
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Dan, these are log files from crashes... If you dont need them for any reports delete them and have a look if the problem still persists.
    Hi Mark..... I want to hold off doing that until HES can look at the issue... there is plenty I can delete.. but its meant to be able to take many more files than I have on it currently, so am keen to find the lea
    k
  • maeganw12maeganw12 Registered User, HES Staff
    @dan what size ssd do you have in the console? If you open the console it will be on the SSD.
    Whatever it shipped with... I am not at the console today, I can open it up tomorrow.
    This is the 1st time I have had this happen on one of my own RoadHogs.... but it has happened on rental FullBoar's during the last 3 summers (which I have clean-installed at the start of the summer)... hence I think its a deeper problem, and not console-specific.
  • maeganw12maeganw12 Registered User, HES Staff
    edited November 2019
    This is because the console is running out of space.
    Keeping show files and log files that aren't needed off the hard drive will help this.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Hi Dan,
    you might want to copy the Log files to an USB stick and then delete them. The internal SSD is not that large.