printing patch

LeggyLeggy Registered User, Hog Beta
I've mentioned this to a few people before but I want to say it again.

When printing the patch from the patch window the page wrap is incorrect. Whatever paper size is used, in portrait or landscape, it always wraps within a universe i,e, it splits a universe across two pages. This makes it completely useless.
Please can this be fixed? It worked fine in Hog 3.

Thanks,

Leggy.

Comments

• AhmedAhmed Registered User
    +1 It's pritty useless right now.
    An simple report of spotnumer+fixturetype+patch+patchnote without the other information would be fine.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2015
    Ahmed,
    Save fixture window as a view to have a default window.
    Then you can hide unnecessary info. Save that as another view. The print function prints the patch as seen on the screen.
  • LeggyLeggy Registered User, Hog Beta
    To be clear, my original post is referring to printing from 'View by DP' window. I want to print the patch by universe, not by fixture.
    Leggy,
    Do you want it like this?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4RpOu9e10jANzJMU1pBeGtLaUE/view?usp=sharing

Or do you mean there's a problem when universe has a lot of lines (like 512 desk channels)...I did not try that...
    Yes, like that!
    How did you get the page wrap correct? Have you adjusted column widths?
    I made the last num column of universes 4, 8 and 12 wide enough, so it forces the page to wrap correct...pretty much by trial and error.
    It's frustrating, you shouldn't have to do that every time you need to print the patch.
    On Hog 3 it worked just fine.
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    Hello,

I have this logged, and I will talk to the guys about getting it fixed sooner rather than later.
    I can say it will not be fixed in the upcoming 3.0.0 release but I will push for the release after.
    Yeah, it is a bit frustrating... Though it didn't take long to adjust the columns.
    Haven't tried, but saving a view and merging views might help a bit. So you have to do it only once.
    I don't know how this is going to be fixed, but it would be great to have some kind of guides on view to show page sizes.
    Hey Mike

Thanks mate.
    It's good to know it can be made to work, but it seems it should just happen without having to mess around with it.

Leggy.
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    Somewhere along the way this got resolved. If anyone still have problems with View BY DP printing let us know.
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    Hi,
    I'm using s/w 3.11.0 and am struggling trying to print correctly.
    Using win10 pro.
    Thank you
    Sorry to say this Chris, but it's never been fixed. In fact, it actually broke a lot worse a few versions ago.
    Currently the default formatting is incorrect as it wraps universes across pages, and even worse dragging column sizes no longer affects the print out so the user cannot correct it.
  • BlackoutBlackout Registered User
    Broke in 3.9, have a thread called “PDF Printing”