PRG Best Boy HP and Best Boy wash

nibornibor Registered User, Hog Beta
The profile is a bit off for these lights in the console, the control function will not strike or global reset but will douse ?
We had to go up to the lights each day and strike them, Talked to PRG developers and they said it's the macro timing on control?

RD

Comments

• Noah_AllenNoah_Allen Registered User, HES Staff
    edited January 2019
    Although not unheard of ... It would be very unusual for the macro time to have any effect on the control functions of the light... That being said I'm looking at the home values for the Best Boy and the wash

I looked at the DMX value with this fixture patched, It looks like the lamp douse and lamp strike values are being sent by the console. It also looks like the macro functions are going to their default values as expected. Could you possibly give some more specific info in regard to what PRG said?

• nibornibor Registered User, Hog Beta
    Ok thank you for responding,
    PRG said they have had issues with main stream consoles with this, He said if the control macro is longer than 3 seconds the light will go into power down mode, ??? I have used these light many time and have never had this problem before so this is quite confusing but I would really like to solve it because we don't need to going up to the truss to reset hundreds of lights each day.
    If you need more info I can dig deeper.
    edited August 17
    Hello,

Please email me at HESservice@etcconnect.com the contact info of whom you were talking with at PRG. I will contact them, and see about getting some clarification to get the profile fixed.
  • DodgeDodge Registered User
    If anyone needs additional information regarding PRG luminaire Control Channel Timing, please see TN-051 Fixture Control Channel Timing
  • nibornibor Registered User, Hog Beta
    Noah, I have a show coming up with a large amount of these fixtures did this ever get fixed in HOG OS

Robin

There is not anything that needs to be fixed with the profile that I am aware of.

When using
    + Version 3.03 for Best Boy HP/4000
    + Version 3.03 for Best Boy Wash
    + Version 3.02 for Bad Boy HP
    + Version 1.00 for GC Bad Boy
    + Version 1.00 for GC Best Boy
    + Version 1.03 for GCLT

Send the control value for 3-5 seconds then press [clear] if the control functions do not apply, repeat until it does.

We do not handle control functions automatically, we give full control of timing of control functions to our programmers

Ex:

1>200 (Control) (Lamp Strike)

Wait 3-5 seconds

Press [Clear]

This can be recorded as a console macro just pay attention to the timings.
  • BlackoutBlackout Registered User
    Why would you want to give programmers control of the timings? I don't have a manual with every time to see how long a specific fixture needs. If it's written down in a manual why can't you take control of this element?
    edited April 2019
    Generally, most fixtures will execute a control function after 3 seconds, and do not timeout if the DMX value is recived for a specified amount of time.

This particular fixture is an exception, and the information about the specific timings is not in the manual, but a tech bulletin. This is actually a bug in the fixture software, not a feature of the fixture.