Console restart to same dmx output state

nbeachennbeachen Registered User
Hi guys,

I think it would be great to have a option. say in preferences that you can set to have the console restart to the same dmx out state it was in when it logged off. ie same cues running. same things in the programmer or whatever you left running when you turned off or restarted.

Unsure how possible this is. But it would solve many issues for me.

Other consoles do that as the norm but having a option would be a great feature and save myself and im sure many others a great deal of time / hassle.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Comments

• M.VrankenM.Vranken Registered User, Hog Beta
    +1
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    In the meantime you might use the startup-macro to trigger the cues you would like to have running. For sure it only helps wehne these are always the same.
  • Strobie1Strobie1 Registered User
    +2
  • nbeachennbeachen Registered User
    +3
    +4
  • M.VrankenM.Vranken Registered User, Hog Beta
    +5
  • Emiliano MorgiaEmiliano Morgia Registered User, Hog Beta
    The Output state after log off Is everything in the default position, there you have it. Everything in the default position @ log off, everything in the default position in the startup.
    Thank you Emiliano. So helpful.

*face palm
    Yeah, I was joking. But seriously how do you define the state? Say that you are running a cue which triggers an other cue using a macro.

Say you turn off the desk while performing an FX, it should come back to the frozen frame of the FX? Or start running the Fx where it left it?

I don't think is possible in terms of DMX Output. May be could be possible in terms of Cues.

Therefore, if you turn on the desk while you are running a cue or more cues the desk should start the show and trigger the previously playback state.
    Yeah, it would be lovely if it would start back up in the same exact state as when it shut off even if it was stuff in the programmer, But id imagine that is not possible. Starting back up in the same playback state would be sufficient. And yes I am aware you can start up with a macro to playback a cue and I do that but it is not good enough.
    I'll give a +1 on restore playback state on startup.
    I don't know anyone who wouldn't on any platform. And if it's questionable for any reason just make it an option.
    yeah good thanks
  • BlackoutBlackout Registered User
    Absolutely - This is would be an amazing feature and sorely necessary. Especially after a power outage etc.