Touchscreen Problem

I just bought a VIEWSONIC TD2340 from NewEgg and for the life of me I cannot get the touchscreen to work reliably. Calibration is buggy, simply pressing the first point will often time skip another calibration point or exit completely. When it does go through, it simply will not work. After moving a window over to the screen when I attempt to do anything, the window starts dancing around/resizing and other odd behavior. I cannot get I cannot get it to work. When I plug the screen into a PC though, no problem.

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    What version of software are you running?
    After you calibrated the monitor did you reboot the console?
  • stagelitesstagelites Registered User, Hog Beta
    Yes I did. Numerous times. It is a HedgeHog 4x. Havent tried it on the FB4.
    Calibration is also so very sketchy
    Tried it on FB4 Same problem. Also what is the max resolution for FB4 external monitors?
    Are you running 3.2.1 software? If not please install this version and try again.
    We adding code for the Viewsonic td2340 as viewsonic changed some components.
    Yes I am running 3.2.1
  • erikvenhueserikvenhues Registered User
    i have the same problem. i found out if i use 5 fingers touching, it works well.
    maybe there are different Td2340 monitors out on market? i bought my in germany 1 year ago.
    edited November 2015
    i am on 3.2.1 too
    Can you please do my a favor?
    We found that ViewSonic has changed the touch overlay once already and we had to add in the new PID to our code before the 'touch' would work.
    Please attach the monitor to computer
    Open the Device Manager
    Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers you should see Generic USB Hub
    Right Click and open the Properties
    Click on the Details tap
    Under Property select the Hardware ids
    Please send me a picture of the Value listed

Mgraham@barco.com
    will do it

Vendor ID 2149
    Product ID 2322
    Hello,

Thanks for the information but I do need a little more.
    I need the PID number of your screen, it will look something like this:
    USB\VID_05E3&PID_0610&REV_0923
    USB\VID_05E3&PID_0610
  • Bondo_E_OdnobBondo_E_Odnob Registered User
    Can we please just get this thing to work with different touch screens? It doesn't seem like you are current at all. Most of us are eagerly awaiting "more support."
    The ability to use what ever touchscreen you want is something we are working on.
    This is a limitation of the kernel we are currently using.
    Unfortunately with this kernel we need to add the PID information of the touchscreen to our code.
    If you currently have a touchscreen you want working please send over the information and we will do our best to include this in the next release.
  • GorgiousGGorgiousG Registered User
    Good day, I have bought 2 ELO 15" touch screens to attach to a Roadhog 4, but only recognizes 1 and control panel only gives me the ability to attach 1. Is there any way to attach 2 touch screens at a time to the Roadhog 4 or are you limited to only 1?
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    Roadhog has always been limited to 1 external.
  • SHMiLYSHMiLY Registered User
    I have a Dell S2240T 21.5-Inch Touch Screen LED-lit Monitor I would love to use on my Road Hog 4.
  • BlackoutBlackout Registered User
    Can I second the call for compatibility with the Dell S2240T 21.5-Inch Touch Screen? ELO Touch screens are getting harder to get hold of and are vastly more expensive than the the Dell S2240T.
  • BlackoutBlackout Registered User
    I've just come over from Compulite and even they supported Dell touchscreens.....
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Its an issue withe Linux kernel (if I remember correct)
    If you can provide the Hardware ID (PID Number) to HES the can implement it (description see above in the posting of Michael Graham)
    Or does this monitor need any special drivers?
    Sorry, I forgot to include these for the Dell S2240T Display

DISPLAY\DELA096\4&a0cd8b3&0&UID198147
    DISPLAY\RIS0902\4&A0CD8B3&0&UID198147

Michael Graham, did this help?
  • Bondo_E_OdnobBondo_E_Odnob Registered User
    Here is the one that I'd like to use. Acer T232HL

There are multiple listings:
    Generic USB HUB
    USB\VID_045E&PID_07CC&REV_5188
    USB\VID_045E&PID_07CC

USB\VID_05E3&PID_0610&REV_7017
    USB\VID_05E3&PID_0610

Super Speed USB HUB:
    USB\VID_05E3&PID_0612&REV_7017
    USB\VID_05E3&PID_0612

USB\VID_045E&PID_07CB&REV_5188
    USB\VID_045E&PID_07CB

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

• LXPLXP Registered User
    Michael_Graham, is there an email address that we should be sending the PIDs to? or is this forum good enough?
    I have 6 "devices" that add themselves in a windows environment when i attach the USB for the monitor.
    Here is a link to a shot of them all. https://flickr.com/photos/137759751@N04/shares/7YPec5.
    Please let me know if you need any others or if there is anything else that can get this screen going.
  • willsutliffwillsutliff Registered User
    Is there any list of current touchscreens that work (other than the outdated and limited one in the manual)? Was the Dell S2240T added? Which ones have been added? What have people found works? I have a Full Boar 4 and will be buying a hedgehog and need to know what monitor to buy with it and not interested in buying a $500 ELO. Thanks.
    Is there any update to this? What monitors have been added to the current release? What monitors are people using? Did the Dell S2240T get added? Looking for an updated list of monitors that are currently functional on the Hog 4. I have a Full Boar and will be buying a Hedge Hog soon. Need to know what monitor to buy and I'm really not interested in buying a $500 ELO.
    Is there any update to this? What monitors have been added to the current release? What monitors are people using? Did the Dell S2240T get added? Looking for an updated list of monitors that are currently functional on the Hog 4. I have a Full Boar and will be buying a Hedge Hog soon. Need to know what monitor to buy and I'm really not interested in buying a $500 ELO.
    Boy, anyone else hear a "I already have your money" kinda silence?
  • MarcelMarcel Registered User
    Please update the list of compatible monitors.
    Nee to get work an ACER UT220HqL, HannS G HT231, Samsung 23".

Saludo
  • MA121HunterMA121Hunter Registered User
    Is HOG 4PC supports multitouch? I have Dell S2240T. Windows 10 tells that monitor have 10-points multitouch and it work in test app. But HOG 4PC understands only one point touch.

Also I plan to build lighting console on NanoHOG + HOG 4PC on Windows 7 + dual Dell S2240T. Will it functioning as normal HOG console with dual touchscreens or I'll be limited to one touchscreen?

P.S. Sorry for my rough English.
  • Simon LXSimon LX Registered User
    Irrespective of whether Windows supports your multi-touch monitor or not, HOG OS doesn't support multi-touch.
  • dkayserdkayser Registered User, HES Staff
    We have created a new post https://forums.highend.com/index.php?p=/discussion/18415/external-touch-screen-support-requests#latest. We are collecting Vendor and Product Ids of USB touch screens for possible support. Please follow the instructions in that post.

Thanks,
    Donald