Touch OSC syntax

Hey chaps, I like the touch osc control its really useful on set but what would be wicked would be if I could build up a page with all my groups on it and a keypad so that I can control the levels, does anyone know if this is possible?

I've created a layout with the keys but I can't figure out if its possible to assign them to specific groups or if I can run a macro say hog/hardware/group 8 enter...

Thanks

Tim

Comments

• MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Make some keystroke macros that select your groups, then trigger those keystroke macros via OSC
  • jifopjifop Registered User
    Ah, OK.

How on earth do you trigger macros from osc?
  • datadriverdatadriver Registered User, HES Staff
    edited August 2015

OSC allows you to manipulate the physical controls(keys/wheels/etc) but not the widgets. That's why Mark suggests you make a macro that records the key presses of widgets in the group directory, then use OSC to trigger that macro. (Macro 1 Enter). Then you could use the HES template to send the key presses for macro, 1, enter. Open the MIDI log viewer to see the actual OSC syntax if curious.

• jifopjifop Registered User
    Ah OK I see what you are saying, Thankyou!

Tbh that doesn't help much more than using the HES template and typing "group 9 enter" I was hoping to automate it more
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Record a keystroke macro with "group 9 enter", eg. Macro 1
    With OSC you can directly trigger that Macro 1: /hog/playback/go/2/1
    The last number indicates your macro-number