indexed gobo position question

Hey guys,
Im wondering if someone can help me figure out what it is im doing wrong.

Basically ive switched out a gobo on an Xspot in my rig, to a specialized gobo reading 'hotel'. Now since ive done that I cant seem to save the gobo in the right position. The previous xspot that was in the rig with this gobo was positioned fine, however im not sure if its my programming thats the problem or perhaps i made a mistake when putting the gobo into the fixture.

Programming wise, I've rotated the indexed gobo position so its in the right spot, then updated the position palette using position and beam. Then to test it, i'll rotate the gobo upside down and hit the pallette and it goes to where it should, however when running the show, and it gets to the point in the show where its displayed,its never in the position i rotated it to, and is consistantly turned every other direction than what its supposed to be!
I cant figure out if im not updating the palette correctly or if its something in the previous cues thats perhaps setting its 'home' position to a different spot?
Another problem is that the show was programmed by someone else so im not 100% about the previous cues, and what was done.
If anyone can offer some expert advice as to what could possibly be the problem, that would be greatly appreciated cause its getting quite frustrating!!
thanks a bunch guys!

Mikey
Related