Inhib's with Page Changes

stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
Any particular reason why inhibs can't hold their values on page changes? This is seriously getting under my skin. I shouldn't need to dedicate a wing to inhibs I MAY have to change during a show. :angryfire:

Comments

• ShrunkenNedShrunkenNed Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2014
  • stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited March 2014
    No, if I have two pages, masters on page 1, inhibs on page 2. Change to page two, set inhibs to 50%, change back to page one, all inhibs return to full on page change. Remember fader values is checked, leave in background selected.
  • sandersander Registered User
    edited March 2014
    This 'bug' has been there since the introduction of the hog3...
    To mine opinion it is a bug and really an anoying one, but maybe the software designers think different about this.
    edited March 2014
    Its ridiculous (and maybe I am at fault for assuming it was fixed in 4) and makes it impossible to use the desk for a multi-user busking TV show where you need to control various key lights and levels over multiple pages.

And NO, I am not assigning them to a far off playback bar and controlling from an iPad or some other stupid solution. Its a $30k desk. No reason why this can't work right. It bit hard for a show I worked on and forced us to switch consoles half way through programming because of it. Not cool.
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2014
    I thought it was sorted out but apparently it's not. I completely agree.
    bumb...
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    Hello Guys,

We currently don't allow Inhibitive Submasters to track across pages and to be honest I don't think we ever will allow them to track across pages.
    I will open a request and add all of y'all comments to the request.

Why is that such a crazy request?
    I'm struggling to understand why you will never allow Submasters to track across pages. Why can't I have a dedicated page for inhibitive submasters like I do have on other desks? At least give the user the option to decide! Just my 2 cents here!
  • ejberendsenejberendsen Registered User, Hog Beta
    I also like to see an option to track submasters across pages.
    And as an option that you can put submasters on a virtual playback bar and adjust the level by holding down the virtual master and adjust the level by one of the enoder wheels. As we can with ceu-lists. It's strange that it works for cue-lists and not for a sub/inhibited master.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Michael, we had this discussion during LDI with Jonathan.
    And yes, you might then not know why a fixture ist not outputing what you brought up in the programmer or so. But as you see this is really a feature a lot of people use and should really be there. Ok, I can put it on a template page, etc etc. I know all workarounds...
    Bring this feature or like discussed virtual faders... or better: BOTH
    ^^ agreed
  • ArnieCeArnieCe Registered User
    +1, please
    To further go on about "not knowing why something isn't coming up in the programmer" multiple other consoles have solved with this INFORMATION read outs on the output window .. change the color of an inhib output ... issue solved.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2014
    I guess the main reason for why they are not allowed background is that Group/Inhibitive faders are the only faders that affect programmer.
    It really can cause a lot of trouble.
    What solutions do we have?
    -indicator in programmer that the fixtures are limited by group fader
    -a group fader that does not affect programmer
    -a way to override group faders in the programmer

other suggestions? Cause when it's going to happen it has to be something clever.
    So I encourage everyone who wants the feature to think about how to handle the side effects.
    I like the idea of an option in the preferences panel to whether its values inhib the progammer. otherwise, I want it overriding everything, like a normal inhib works
    I think when you are using an inhibitive fader, you are aware of using that kind of fader, and they do affect the programmer and output because you want to. A pink background with fat flashing purple characters can help you to remind that you are using inhibits... For me, when i have a page with inhibits, it is clear that i want this to affect the output and programmer! So it makes sense to have an option in the preferences to check or uncheck this option.
  • +1!!!
  • skierskier Registered User
    +1
  • VinnievinylVinnievinyl Registered User
    +1
  • Go_ButtonGo_Button Registered User
    I'm new to Hog, but I have been working with three different lighting consoles in the past fifteen years and actually I'm a bit shocked. If you call a function submaster than this function should work like a submaster and not like a bit of that. A submaster has always the highest priority over a group independent of any page! If you don't want that than please rename it. It causes more problems if a standard function is not working as expected. If you don't want people to search for a not working fixture, because of a submaster, than simply add a dimmer level bar on each group in the group window. This is as simple as possible and we don't need a new tab or window as overview.
  • Firewood1Firewood1 Registered User, Hog Beta
    There are so many requests for this. It surely can't go ignored. If we as the programmers move a group to a master, then it's our problem if we later forget and can't put something at full. At least give us the possibility please.

+1 for colour coding. The argument for not having these inhibits in the background should also mean we can't Park fixtures. We know they're parked because of the orange background in Output. So just another background colour would solve any confusion.

Please reconsider guys :-)
    HES sooner or later will have to surrender to the inhibits' general accepted behaviour ,despite their wanting to defend and reaffirm their STATUS QUO with sterile explanations on why inhibits are not tracking across pages; we absolutely need this option I would say sooner than later.
    This is something I wrote almost 5 years ago on this forum: "Potentially there are plenty of situations where you're searching for a reason why your wash units are not coming up as bright as you think they should because of a cuelist with a higher priority hidden somewhere on a random page or because an inhibitive master is hiding somewhere else or because you forgot to unpark your wash units.....
    That doesn't necessarily mean we should get rid of the park option or the leave in background option in the first place.
    As you stated there's a long debate about how inhibitive submasters should behave and I personally believe they should track through pages.
    I would like to have the option to choose whether or not submasters are tracking through pages. Everybody happy
    Thanks"
    Unfortunately 5 years later we're still here dot dot dot dot
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Put me on that list as well!!!!
    hi guys of hes... please answer these requests!
  • PhilphunPhilphun Registered User, Hog Beta, Distributors
    +1
  • PhilphunPhilphun Registered User, Hog Beta, Distributors
    +1