Upgrading to v3.0

Can anyone offer any suggestions? :poke:

I am trying to do a much needed update on my IPC to v3.2. As there is no "Clean Install" download available for this software version yet i understand i need to Install v3.0 or v3.1 with a clean install as I am updating from v2.6. I have burnt both these software releases to seperare cd's but neither of them will load when i hold down the pig key on startup, or when i push any key when i boot up the console and it says push any key to continue, or if i plug in a keyboard and hold down f8, get a boot menu (HDD or CD), and Choose CD. In all 3 of these cases, the console loads straight into the IPC OS. To me it seems as if the console is reading the CD but doesn't find any useful information on it that it needs to run the installer for the upgrade. I downloaded both ISO's off the highend website and burnt them to a CD using Nero, so i don't understand what's going on, am i doing something wrong? :aargh4:
  • Did you burn the ISO as a disk image? The desk will not read it unless you do this. With keyboard attached, insert the CD into the drive and reboot the console. The computer should notice there's a disk in the drive and try to boot from it first. It will ask you to press any key to boot from CD. It means any key on the keyboard. Once the computer starts to boot from the CD it will start to open a windows environment. If you get anything other then the windows environment then either the disk wasn't burned correctly or the data on the disk is bad.

Hope that helps a little.

Chris
  • Yea Im 95% sure i have burnt the image file correctly. I spoke to the New Zealand supplier of these consoles and walked them through step by step what i was doing and they saw nothing wrong with my process. I think i may have gotten around it by downloading the latest system restore (XPe Image) and restoring the system, That updates it to v3.0 and from there i can update to 3.2 as normal. I just would have assumed that if i download V3.0.1 Clean Install ISO and burnt that image to a cd i could then boot off that cd and update the IPC software, not the XP OS, just the IPC software. Maybe i have misunderstood something here?
  • The xpe image 8.3 includes hog 3pc version 2.6(that was when I did it a while back, may have changed). once you put this on, you update to version 3.x via the control panel software upgrader. They are only upgrade files not a restore disk. Only the XPE image will wipe the drive clean and re-image it.

Make sure in your bios that your CD drive is set to boot up before the HDD. I had this issue with one I had to upgrade. Once that was selected and booted with the CD in the drive it worked fine.
Related