Capture CITP

hydrushydrus Registered User
edited December 2013 in Hog 4 Networking Help
So I've had a demo from another desk from another brand today.
I didn't and still don't like the interface from the other desk (Ch*ms*s) at all. But there is one feature which kind of amazed me and would be enough to tip the scales.

It connects very well with Capture Polar. You can see what fixtures are selected on the desk, you can transfer focus information from a movinghead in capture very easy to a palette and the patch can be transferred by a simple push on the button.

As far as I understand hog doesn't do this, it only sends the data to the visualizer, it doesn't get data back. (position, patch)

Am I wrong? Can HOG do this or is this a feature that is on the list for things to come?

Our theatre has been granted a budget for a new console in 2014 and I've had a RH 4 on demo for a week and loved it (I own a HOG 1000 and I feel at home with the 4) so this is kind of important to me.

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited December 2013
    I think it depends on the visualizer. I use WYSIWYG and it allows this. I'm not familiar with Capture though.
  • swolfswolf Registered User
    edited December 2013
    Jon, did i understand right?! you can send patch informations from wysiwyg to your hog desk? i am working with wysiwyg and i didn't found this function until now!
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2013
    Light-Converse which comes for free with a Roadhog 4 alows this also. Not Patch-infos but you can select fixtures in Light-Converse, position them and you will have this infos in the console and can store them as preset.
  • hydrushydrus Registered User
    edited December 2013
    So, sounds like wysiwyg is a good option. Would like capture more tough because of the possibility to run it on mac.

I asume HOG does this through the hog connectivity app using hognet.

Light converse doesn't seem a good option to me because of the paperwork, I would still have to make the light plots and equipment lists in some other software.

Thanks for the answers, would love to hear if anyone has good experiences with capture.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited December 2013
    swolf wrote: »
    Jon, did i understand right?! you can send patch informations from wysiwyg to your hog desk? i am working with wysiwyg and i didn't found this function until now!

Sorry…I meant the Programmer/Selecting of fixtures can be done via WYG (and they show up in the programmer). Patch information IS NOT sent from WYG unfortunately.
  • WeezeWeeze Registered User
    You Can Do Auto Patch in a GrandMA but not Hog4 on WYG. AutoFocus will work but you need to Install a MidiOX on ur WYG Machine. In WYG you can Patch easily now using Quick Tools by Right Clicking in CAD Mode:)
  • Firewood1Firewood1 Registered User, Hog Beta
    Since Capture Argo was released, you can select and focus fixtures within Capture, and this information is sent to the programmer, but there is no patch transfer.