HELP FB4 Loading in Hog 4 PC Mode!

Jpowell82Jpowell82 Registered User
I tried to get OSC going while working last night and when I turned the board on, it wants to load in Hog 4 PC mode? WHat did I do wrong and how do I get my board back up???

Comments

• Jpowell82Jpowell82 Registered User
    edited March 2013
    AHH I CANT DO ANYTHING... What did I do? It seems my fixturenet status says its down and I cant even run any cues or move any lights??
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2013
    What exactly is your setup?
    Console SW version....you mention Fixture Link....are you using ArtNet or sACN?
    Not sure what you mean by "H4PC" mode....there is no such mode as far as I'm aware on a FB4.....
    Try disconnecting everything and power off the desk and restart with nothing connected....this will be the best place to start figuring out where your problem lies.

Hope this helps. :)
    edited March 2013
    Ok so I have the FullBoar 4 (1.1.1 i think) with a super widget and using the 4 DMX outs on back (5 universe totals).. Last night I tried to setup OSC through hognet and was unsuccessful.. So I gave up, when I loaded show today, it loads up on one screen and has sizable windows and says HOG4PC on the windows with the virtual console on screen..Under Wings, it says Console None and Not Connected and doesnt give me an option to choose anything. Forgive my beginners state, Im just confused.. Im a recent transfer from gma nightmare.. Ive been on hog3 for a year and now hog4 for about 3 months..
    edited March 2013
    It wont recognize the console at ALL.. tried to do console restore.. says it doesnt recognize one..
  • swolfswolf Registered User
    edited March 2013
    hog4pc mode on a full boar? is that possible???

or better question: is it possible to install the pc msi file to the full boar?
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2013
    Did you try to do a full install on your fullboar 4 with the red USB-stick that comes with the console?

Or make yourself a bootable-stick and re-install the whole software.
    When doing this the HDD gets formated and show data is lost....

1.2.1 is the actual version

when you connect something to the network ports, switch or so, are there any lights going on on the hog-net and fixture-link ports?
  • datadriverdatadriver Registered User, HES Staff
    edited March 2013
    swolf wrote: »
    hog4pc mode on a full boar? is that possible???

or better question: is it possible to install the pc msi file to the full boar?

No, you cannot run a microsoft installer (.msi) on Linux.
    However, if there are problems with eth0 then yes it will think it is a H4PC.
    edited March 2013
    Jpowell82 wrote: »
    I tried to get OSC going while working last night and when I turned the board on, it wants to load in Hog 4 PC mode? WHat did I do wrong and how do I get my board back up???

You have somehow managed to disable or corrupt eth0.

Use Launcher->Control Panel->Hognet to change network settings.

This all assumes you have not suffered hardware failure (very unlikely).
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for confirming my thoughts Chris...

But shouldn´t a full install restore it to the defaults?!

Will the lights go on even if the eth0 suffers a hardware failure?
    edited March 2013
    MLorenz wrote: »
    Thanks for confirming my thoughts Chris...

But shouldn´t a full install restore it to the defaults?!

Will the lights go on even if the eth0 suffers a hardware failure?

One would think...I'm not sure about the lights. I've been told this particular unit has shipped back.
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited March 2013
    JP
    Is your desk running correctly?
    If you get a GUI front panel when launching a show on RH4, FB4 or H4 that means the system did not see the front panel.
    I would make sure all wires are fully seated and then re-boot the desk.
    edited April 2013
    That was weird.. And Im still uncertain what the hell happened..Im just happy that HES was on the phone trouble shooting with me the whole time and once we hit a brickwall, they overnighted another board.. Who else does that shit these days.. Kudos to their support.. I eventually had to run the show that night in the state it was.. One screen.. no playback, program abilities on board, no internal DMX universes, just me a tiny instance of hog4 PC and a working super widget..