Releasing Effects from the Pallette

Mutley EugeniusMutley Eugenius Registered User
I have programmed some Effects and saved them as presets in the pallette. I can run them, and they apply themselves to the selected fixtures, but I can't find anywhere about how to release them from running.

Say I have effect 1 running which spins some movers in a circle, effect 3 running which spins their color wheel, and effect 10 which strobes their intensity. How do I then release effect 3 and leave effect 1 and 10 running?

:dunno:

Comments

• MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2013
    in a cue list just programm in the next cue a color
    if you like to do it in the programm you need to programm some efx-off palettes....
    one for pan/tilt, one for colors, one for iris, ......
  • Mutley EugeniusMutley Eugenius Registered User
    edited February 2013
    That sounds complicated, particularly as I'm not using a cuelist to make the effects turn on, I figured I wouldn't have to run a cuelist to turn them off.

So there's no other way to release an individual effect that is running from the pallette?
    edited February 2013
    Seems that you only would like to work in the programmer and not programm any cues, scenes or lists
    Thats the only way....
    You need to have an off-palette per parameter
    edited February 2013
    That's right, I prefer operating on the fly because the events that I run are random and unpredictable, so they can't be cuelisted in advance.

OK, so now I will read up on making an Effect Off pallette, per attribute.
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited February 2013
    Mutley,

You should read up on Busking (lighting on the fly in response to the action on stage)

http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=13040&highlight=busking
    edited February 2013
    Thanks Chris;

Strangely my browser will not visit that page... I'll have to check on another browser.
    edited February 2013
    Just click SEARCH and use as the keyword "busking"

This will have the same result