Color Wheel Functionality

Mutley EugeniusMutley Eugenius Registered User
I have a bunch of Elation TriLEDS, RGB fixtures plus intensity, but I don't know how to make the RGB colormap work on the screen... meaning I would like to be able to touch my finger around colors on the round colormap display and have the lights show those colors, like fingerpainting, but how can I correlate the colormap to the lights?

Comments

• MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2013
    How did you patch you fixtures?!
    As single Deskchannels (4 per Fixture)? Or as a single fixture?
    When used a as fixture:

select the fixture, open the color directory, select the color-picker, and there you go....
  • Mutley EugeniusMutley Eugenius Registered User
    edited February 2013
    Interesting, they are patched as single fixtures, maybe the problem is they have intensity first, IRGB, as opposed to RGB only.

I didn't patch them, it was done for me by another technician, and I don't even have the personality editor on my computer. I would like to get it to seehow they are patched.

Where do I download the personality editor and the manual for it?
    edited February 2013
    When you select you fixture are there any parameters available when you hit Colour?
    edited February 2013
    I select one or a bunch of them, hit color, and the encoders switch to I,R,G,B, The pallette opens up. It has red, magenta, orange and a bunch of presets, but they are all greyed out. I can open the colorcircle, and it shows up, but when I move the mouse or my finger on it, nothing happens. The lights do not change colors at all.

So I'm not sure what's wrong.
    edited February 2013
    OK, so your profile has been created only with Intensity in it, no color information in the fixture profile.

Is it a user created library?

There is a fixture in the library folder of Elation called ELED Tri Par 4ch.
    This should be the fixture you are using.
    Give that a try....

Edit:
    Ups... sorry... you are on HOG3... There this fixture is not in the lib....
    But its easy to create in the fixture-builder
    edited February 2013
    I build a fixture but cant upload it at the moment, will post a link later....
    If you would like to try it on your own, here a screenshot

edit:

so here is a showfile with this fixture
    just need to merge it into your show
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vnqaq90etl3n5xw/elation4ch.hog3.shw
    edited February 2013
    I opened the show you sent me but I couldn't find the fixture under the Elation directory, and I couldn't find ELED TriPar anywhere.

Which Fixture personality should I try in the show you sent me?
    edited February 2013
    You will find it in the CUSTOM directory
    edited February 2013
    Hey, I got it!

I just compared your screenshot with the personality I had, and I found I had all the Cyan, Magenta and Yellow attributes missing. You have to have a DMX output value and also a Color Correlation value to the Color Picker for each DMX channel.

So I added those in and now they all work! Thanks very much.
    edited February 2013
    You are welcome... Have fun