gobo rotate question on a road hog full boar

Hiwhere i work has recently bought 3 road hog full boars

we used to use hog 1000's
we have a stock of robe 575 at spots and mac 500's

as i've only been using the console for 1 gig and a bit of practice so dar i haven't entirely got my head around it yet, but i was using the gobo rotate for the macs which goes both ways clockwise and counter clockwise on the hog1000 but on new hogs i can only get one way, clockwise

how do you roate gobos counter clockwise? there doesn't seem to be a setting in the gobo rotate menu and i can't find it in the manual

any help would be greatly apreciated thanks

Andrew
  • Hi there,

Some parameters have values either side of zero; for example, gobo rotation speed. You can invert such parameters so that they have the same value but the other side of zero.

In the case of gobo rotation, this reverses the direction whilst maintaining the current
    speed. To invert a parameter:
    • Press and hold the –key and adjust the appropriate parameter wheel.

(page 156 of manual)
  • Andrew-

First of all, welcome to Hog 3.

There are a few other keyboard modifiers similar to the (-) minus sign that you should be aware of and are very useful when programming.

These are quoted from a post Zematis sent to me:

Holding Slash (/) and touching an encoder will equalize values for that parameter. The value of that parameter for the first fixture in the selection order will be applied to all fixtures within the current selection.

Holding Plus (+) and touching an encoder will allow you to quickly set values to their endstops (the min or max values).

Holding Backspace (

These were really helpful in some of the learning stages of my programming on the Hog 3.

Also, a new one is the period modifier. Holding the period (.) button and turning a wheel (or pressing a parameter button) will bring the parameter to the default setting.

Hope this helps, it sure helped me!
  • [quote=prmucha]Also, a new one is the period modifier. Holding the period (.) button and turning a wheel (or pressing a parameter button) will bring the parameter to the default setting.

Additionally holding PIG + the period (.) will take a paramter to its' default value and mode (ie - index vs. rotate for Gobos).

Hope this helps:)
Related