Clearing

snyder68snyder68 Registered User
Hey Guys,

So when I am making a cue or doing anything with a light like putting a prism in or changing a color and decide I don't like it I hit clear and start over but when I select those lights again the previous color or prism is still there like it didn't clear all the way. What might cause that? Or did I just confuse everyone?

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited November 2012
    Jesse

Is this with a new show or an old show file?
    Do you merge in any fixtures?
  • snyder68snyder68 Registered User
    edited November 2012
    it is a show that I have been using for awhile now I did however merge in two fixtures that Highend sent me
    edited November 2012
    Ok if you are not on the current version of software (3.2.6 or 3.2.5) you may be running into an old bug.

Can you Launch into your show
    Open the Patch Window and hit the "Edit Fixtures" button
    Select a fixture from the list on the left side and click on the "Sort by Function" button
    Make sure that the DEFAULT value for all of your slots is "OPEN" and not CTB or CTO.

All slots ='s gobos, color wheels, prisms
    edited November 2012
    I'm running v3.2.2.....I might want to update that, I will start there and see if that solves it
    edited November 2012
    I went to download the software and it says "This version requires a Full Install of XPe Image v1.8.0 or greater." how do I tell if I have that or not?
    edited November 2012
    Once your showfile is in this state I do not think just upgrading will fix the problem.
    Unless you upgrade launch the show then merge in the fixtures.
    edited November 2012
    Jesse

In a show hit the following:
    Setup
    Control Panel
    System Info
    It will list the XPe version

The current XPe image is 1.8.2 (this comes with build 3.2.2 b337) after the image you will need to MSI upgrade to 3.2.6 b3434 (current release)
    edited November 2012
    The fixture profile I merged in isn't the one that is freaking out. It is one that I have been using for a awhile with no problem. The profiles I merged in are working with no problem. Would those merged fixtures still be screwing it up? Also, I have the 1.8.2 XPe
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2012
    Did you check your DEFAULT values?!
    Are any cuelists still running? Cue-List settings checked (persist on override...)
    edited December 2012
    i got it all worked out. thanks guys!
    edited December 2012
    Jesse

Was the Default values changed?
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, for some reason they must have changed when I imported the profiles, but I updated the software and went through all the fixtures and made sure the defaults for everything were open and they seem to be working just fine now.