iPC Full Restore Disk won't boot...

Hi folks

Just wondering if I am missing something here.

I have downloaded the latest XP image for an iPC in ISO form and burnt it to disk but when i boot the console with it in the drive it does not come up with the press any key prompt and boots normally.

The contents of the ISO image are on the disk as various files and folders and can be seen on the console by browsing the disk.

I have also got the external keyboard plugged in and it is working.

Any Ideas??

S
  • Hi,
    this is unlikely but i have seen it once before where the bios settings of an IPC were changed so that the CD drive was not selected as the first option to boot from.
    Is there a possibility that the internal battery has been changed recently or these settings have changed by accident?

I would download another copy of the IPC iso and using the software such as deepburner pro for PC or another type for mac create an iso disc.
    I do not want to state the obvious but you cannot just burn an ISO on a PC you need to create one using a software program.

Can you burn/save a show on your IPC drive? Check if you can do this to make sure the drive is working to some degree.

Hope this is clear and of some help.

I will let someone from HE comment on the bios settings as it can be slightly tricky to explain.

Best C
  • Thanks for the reply.

The ISO image was burnt correctly to disc. I have since tried it in an old desktop pc and it booted and ran right through the setup till it got to "this is an unknown desk"!

I have also burnt a disc and loaded a show on the iPC using the CD drive and all worked well.

The date of the desk on the rear is 2005. Would a bios battery go in that time?? I'm guessing all that's left is the Bois Boot sequence option. Anyone got any ideas of the procedure of getting that one sorted? I am aware how you would change this on a normal PC but on the iPC I have read all that stuff is locked out. I did have a go and got a password prompt.

Thanks for any info in advance!

S
  • The password for an IPC is hesipc if i remember.
    I can't stress enough how important it is to backup your shows before getting involved in the bios.
    It is actually possible to wipe a console clean at which point it has to be reprogrammed in texas!
    I would wait for more info.

Changing the battery might be worth a shot but i don't think that's your issue.
    Again you cannot burn an ISO to a CD on a PC you have to use some sort of buring software to create an ISO image,programs such as deep burner pro and nero can do this.The files may be on the CD but they are not an ISO image file.

How are you creating the ISO file???

best C
  • I always use Active Iso Burner, very easy, small and free peace of software to burn Iso-images on a CD. Never had any problem.

www.tucows.com/preview/507688
  • Thank's for your help!

I went into the bios changed the boot sequence and all is well. The new image is loading as we speak.

Would the boot sequence be wrong because the BIOS baterry has been changed??

S
  • The only way to change the boot sequence is in the bios so either it was changed or the battery was changed and it wasn't reset correctly as far as i can see.

Cj
Related