Macros in scenes

kinglevelkinglevel Registered User
Hi

Scenes is just 1 cue lists. Well thats great for many things, to have one monitor with only scenes and just recall them...

It would be great to have macros in those, send midi strings, start cuelists and yaddayadda... scenes would be more powerfull

:dunno:

Comments

• jussikamunenjussikamunen Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Hi Edvard,

I know what you mean about scenes and macros.

But I´m not a scene user any more, I have actually stopped using scenes and started to use cuelists instead.

Record your view so that your not messing around with your actual fader cuelists and your good to go (just scroll the cuelist directory window to +100 or +200 depending on the amount of lists used in your show pages) and make sure that you record lists you want use in this "button" view with these numbers. Of course you can move them around later any way you want also.

This way you can create also toggle style buttons (simply 2 cues) easily. Also releasing can be done with second cue so you dont need unnecessary pressing of release button.

And this way also cuelist macros can be used from buttons, proper macros are coming in 3.2...
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited March 2011
    In scenes you have same macros than in cues
  • kinglevelkinglevel Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Hi Edvard,

I know what you mean about scenes and macros.

But I´m not a scene user any more, I have actually stopped using scenes and started to use cuelists instead.

Record your view so that your not messing around with your actual fader cuelists and your good to go (just scroll the cuelist directory window to +100 or +200 depending on the amount of lists used in your show pages) and make sure that you record lists you want use in this "button" view with these numbers. Of course you can move them around later any way you want also.

This way you can create also toggle style buttons (simply 2 cues) easily. Also releasing can be done with second cue so you dont need unnecessary pressing of release button.

And this way also cuelist macros can be used from buttons, proper macros are coming in 3.2...

Yeah, im using lists as the way you mention. But thats only possible on one screen?

My idea is to have the second right screen for scenes, that way i can recall parts from songs and send midi strings to my laptop with notes comming up.
    stephlight wrote: »
    In scenes you have same macros than in cues

When i open a scene, theres like a edit cue window. So where do i put the macro?
  • DannyDanny Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2011
    Hi Edward,

when you open up your scenes view, you can switch to "list view" mode (with the list icon in the top left) and there you can type the comment macros as you would in qlists for every scene separate.
  • jussikamunenjussikamunen Registered User
    edited March 2011
    kinglevel wrote: »
    Yeah, im using lists as the way you mention. But thats only possible on one screen?

My idea is to have the second right screen for scenes, that way i can recall parts from songs and send midi strings to my laptop with notes comming up.

You can split your cuelist directory window and move/resize them around. Then save your view.

And yeah, there are same macros in scenes too, my bad. Just havent used the list mode in scene window so I didint notice the macro possibility... this is why forums are great...
    edited March 2011
    Danny wrote: »
    Hi Edward,

when you open up your scenes view, you can switch to "list view" mode (with the list icon in the top left) and there you can type the comment macros as you would in qlists for every scene separate.

aaaaaaaa there it is, nice nice. :notworthy:
    This way i could use cues for LTPs and scene for macros.

You can split your cuelist directory window and move/resize them around. Then save your view.

And yeah, there are same macros in scenes too, my bad. Just havent used the list mode in scene window so I didint notice the macro possibility... this is why forums are great...

Split... hehe, i didnt know it existed, never used it :D haha
    Awesome.

Well i think this is great, better use scenes for macros due to the one shot scene buttons. And it makes sorting between LTP cues and macros better ;);)

Thanks all! :friday::hogsign:
  • loebusloebus Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Does anyone know if there's a way to adjust the assert/release times in Scene Options without moving the Scene to a physical playback first? The list view is a great tool for adjusting fade time, but I'm always finding myself temporarily moving Scenes to a fader just to edit options.
    edited March 2011
    loebus wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's a way to adjust the assert/release times in Scene Options without moving the Scene to a physical playback first? The list view is a great tool for adjusting fade time, but I'm always finding myself temporarily moving Scenes to a fader just to edit options.

hmm, i think its like this:

Open scenes.
    Hold open button+press scene you wanna edit
    press options in the upper left corner?
  • loebusloebus Registered User
    edited March 2011
    If it's that easy, I feel like a real joker; unfortunately I'm not in front of an actual desk, but on H3PC the Options button in the edit window doesn't seem to do anything... And I would hope I would have tried that already....
    edited March 2011
    loebus wrote: »
    If it's that easy, I feel like a real joker; unfortunately I'm not in front of an actual desk, but on H3PC the Options button in the edit window doesn't seem to do anything... And I would hope I would have tried that already....

well then you are a joker ;)
    i can do it on my h3pc, option on a scene. there you can set assert and release time.

same as cuelists
  • tymontymon Registered User
    edited March 2011

did you have problems with shows loaded with many (eg. 100+) scenes? because that was the reason i started to avoid using scenes.
    edited March 2011
    tymon wrote: »
    did you have problems with shows loaded with many (eg. 100+) scenes? because that was the reason i started to avoid using scenes.

Well i used 200 cues + 100 scenes with only macros last week, no problems there.

I used scenes to trigger my "busk cues" on my playback wing monitor.
    Great way to preprogram complicated moves you wont do fast by hand.

But it takes time to program tho...
    edited April 2011
    Well i used 200 cues + 100 scenes with only macros last week, no problems there.

that's great to hear! scenes come in handy for summer festivals.
    edited April 2011
    tymon wrote: »
    that's great to hear! scenes come in handy for summer festivals.

yeah its a great way to store many looks and complex macros.

But remember to knockout intensity for all fixtures in the programmer before you store a scene! or else the scene will LTP everything and your HTP faders will not responde
    edited April 2011

But remember to knockout intensity for all fixtures in the programmer before you store a scene! or else the scene will LTP everything and your HTP faders will not responde

this is why i would like real macros, to do this:

All fixtures group - suck
    intensity - knockout
    open scenes
    record

then manually press desired scene
    would speed up things a lot...
    edited April 2011

basically i know how to use them, and actually i don't need them for anything complex. a pool of ipcb scenes is my way to quickly put things on faders, useful when there is no time to really program for all the bands and songs, or when they don't stick to the setlist, or whatever..