MSC command for scene ?

huitianhahahuitianhaha Registered User
Hi.

I'm sorry, I can't understand the User Manual for the MSC Tips for scene:" To work round this, you can send an MSC command with a CUE_PATH value of 5. Wholehog OS will treat the cue number as a scene number instead.".

I don't know how to use the CUE_PATH value of 5. Could you for example with a MSC command to control the "Scene 20" play?

Thanks.

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited September 2010
    That's a good question and I am not sure of the answer. I am out of the office this week but I would say the quickest way to figure this one out is to setup your console to send MSC into a computer midi program like midi-ox and then view the sysex message that shows up in midi-ox when you send a go scene message. That will be the message you will end up needing to send to the console.
  • huitianhahahuitianhaha Registered User
    edited September 2010
    Thanks chris.

That's a good idea, I'll try it if the condition is accepted. Could i please you post the fix answer here if you get.

I've another question. how can i set the cuelist number or cue number to 22 , 333 or 4444 etc with the msc command. I just know to set the number from 1 to 9, when the number is bigger, I don't know how to set it ?
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited September 2010
    Cue 1, List 1
    F07F01020101310031

Cue 15, list 10
    F07F010201013135003130

Basicaly a number 3 is added between each digit of the cue or list.

F0 7F - Begin Command

01 - Device ID

02 - Constant Value

01 - Lighting Command Format

01 - GO

31 - Cue Number 1

00 - Separator

31 - Cuelist Number 1

00 - Separator

F7 - Complete Command
    edited September 2010
    oh,i see, thanks mitch.
    edited September 2010
    hi, mitch. How can i control scene use MSC command?

thanks
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited September 2010
    I don't think you can call up a Scene as an MSC Command sends three pieces of information, and Scene isn't one of them. It sends

Cue #
    List #
    Device ID

I would re-record them as cues and do it that way.

SCENE X COPY ENTER, will copy the contents of Scene X to the Programmer.

You can then Record it as a single cue cuelist and do that way.
  • sandersander Registered User
    edited September 2010
    you can send a MSC command to fire a scene, and you can even release a scene.

to give scene 1 a go: F0 7F 01 02 01 01 00 31 00 05 F7 (31 in this string is the scene1)
    to release scene 1: F0 7F 01 02 01 0B 00 31 00 05 F7 (0B is the release command, 31 is still scene1)
    to give scene 17 a go: F0 7F 01 02 01 01 00 31 37 00 05 F7 (31 is the first digit, 37 is the second digit).

i hope this will explain the question enough,

with regards,
    sander
    edited September 2010
    sander wrote: »
    you can send a MSC command to fire a scene, and you can even release a scene.

to give scene 1 a go: F0 7F 01 02 01 01 00 31 00 05 F7 (31 in this string is the scene1)
    to release scene 1: F0 7F 01 02 01 0B 00 31 00 05 F7 (0B is the release command, 31 is still scene1)
    to give scene 17 a go: F0 7F 01 02 01 01 00 31 37 00 05 F7 (31 is the first digit, 37 is the second digit).

i hope this will explain the question enough,

with regards,
    sander

The answer is very clear. That's the answer I want. Thanks. Thanks everyone.
    edited September 2010
    Is there any difference between "Device ID" in the MSC command and "Device ID" in the Console Settings -> Midi -> Device ID/Device Group ID on the console?
    edited September 2010
    the device ID in the MSC has to be the same as the device ID of the console you want to send that MSC to, else that console will not listen to the command.
    the ID can be between 0 and 111. i do not know why it cannot go up to 127 like it usually should go, this is maybe a hogIII thing.
    edited September 2010
    oh,I tried it, but got a different result.
    I assign two different Device ID in the MSC and the Console, but the console also received the MSC normally and execute.(MSC Device ID must be 1, the console's Device ID set to other number).
    by the way, I try it in a same console.
    edited September 2010
    that is strange, i am running midiox and hogPC connected with the virtual midiyoke lines.
    and in this configuration both IDs have to be the same, else hogPC will not listen to the generated MSC of midiox.
    edited September 2010
    sander wrote: »
    that is strange, i am running midiox and hogPC connected with the virtual midiyoke lines.
    and in this configuration both IDs have to be the same, else hogPC will not listen to the generated MSC of midiox.

Yes. in your example, the both IDs have to be the same.
    May be, The Note Number and Device ID in MS macro command are ignored in a same console when a midi cable connected MIDI In and MIDI Out on itself.
    edited October 2010
    Where does the Device Group ID in the Midi panel of Console Settings window used to ?