Lost Internal DMX Widget in iPC HELP

stagelitesstagelites Registered User, Hog Beta
Suddenly lost the internal DMX widgets in the iPC after pluging in a Road Hog Playback wing on my ipc. Software 3.01 says that there is "none" in the network settings for the DP8K. Tried reinstalling the software from a system restore, but no luck. I was running a show tonight with no problems until I plugged in the wing. iPC is running 2 other normal playback wings and has been for a long time. In the info section of Control Panel, it reports that the internal widget is there, but the software does not see it. I plugged in an external widget, and it sees and recognizes the widget. HELP! need to fix this ASAP as I lose the external widget.

Hog iPC
Build 3.01
iPC image version 8.03
AMD Sempron 2400
503 Megabyte

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited February 2009
    It sounds like the internal DP8000 on the console lost its dmx widget mapping to the internal superwidget. Does the RoadHog playback wing you plugged in have a superwidget built into it? There is a known issue where if you image (restore) your iPC with an external widget plugged in it causes confusion with the dmx mapping of the internal dmx superwidget during the imaging process. You might want to try imaging again with this in mind. As far as the original reason why the internal mapping got lost when you just plugging in the wing, I am investigating that right now.
  • stagelitesstagelites Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2009
    When I re-imaged the drive I did it with no external USB devices or wings installed. THe problem still was there. The Road Hog WIng we plugged in does not have the internal widget installed.
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited February 2009
    Peter

Were you able to get output back from your iPC?
    Have you seen this again?
    I have tried unplugging/replugging, logging off back on a show but have not been able to recreate your problem.
    Also can you please send in your show file?
    edited February 2009
    After re-imaging the problem is still there. When I did the reinstall, I unplugged everything except for a Keyboard and a mouse, which were PS2 and not USB. Hog 2 Software see the widget. But not Hog3.

All shows on the drive are affected. Does not matter which one I load. Another problem, any USB floppy is not recognized.

Where do you want me to send the show file?
    edited February 2009
    For some reason the DP8000 is not mapping its first four outputs to the dmx superwidget. This will be problematic across all shows that you load on the console. Please give our support team a call and let's see if we can get some one on one to help you get Hog3PC outputting again on your iPC.
    edited March 2009
    Peter,

Have you been able to get your iPC outputting dmx from Hog3PC again?
    edited March 2009
    It is now working. Had to do a full reinstall of the software though
  • MarcoMarco Registered User
    edited March 2009
    I had the same problem. no dmx output. the option for select an output for the console was "none".
    I had fix it with a full reinstall.

marco
  • schnerchischnerchi Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Hi,

I had a similar issue with a Roadhog Fullboar today. We had one RH FB and one HOG3PC running in the same show. RH FB was show server.... after some problems with the network, the RH FB frooze. (no reaction to fader movement or keystrokes) After rebooting the RH FB, it lost its mapping to the internal superwidget. The interesting thing is, that it clearly showed the Internal Widget Serial Number (Control Panel -> System Info). But you could not choose it as a DMX Out in the Settings of the DP8000.

For some unknown reason, this is NOT fixed, if you do a PARTIAL RESTORE on the Roadhog. You have to do a FULL RESTORE from an external medium.....

Something that need to be looked after, I think.

Chris
    edited October 2009
    Hi Chris,

I am not too pleased to hear about Full Boars losing output mappings. Let's see if we can't figure how this might have happened. Do you recall what the network issue was that caused Full Boar to go down? Did you have any USB devices plugged into console at the time?

The issue with the partial restore is something I am going to have to look into. I think the widget mappings are stored on the partion of the drive that does not get touched by a partial restore which is why it doesn't fix the problem.
    edited October 2009
    Hi,

I will speak to our operator if he can remember what he did to get the Full Boar to hang. I was not around. He called me after he realised that he had lost the internal widget and that he was not able to get it to work again.

As I arrived, the mapping was lost. Rebooting or starting a new show did not help.

So, let me see if can figure out what happened before they called me :-)

Best,

Chris
    edited October 2009
    I have spoken to our operator. He was trying to connect our Roadhog Fullboar to HOG3 PC running in Parallels on a mac. Both Version 3.0.5. During his attempts, the RH FB locked up and did not respond any more. Sadly, he tried not to restart the desktop process. Instead, he just switched of the console. From there on, the internal widget was lost.

RH FB had a USB Keyboard connected.
    HOG3 PC had a Roadhog Wing with Superwidget connected.
    edited November 2009
    Interesting. Thanks for the information. It is slowly becoming apparent the Road Hog wings and/or external widgets are playing a role in the mappings issue.
    edited November 2009
    Yes... I'm trying to reproduce this when the desk returns from production. Maybe I am able to find a way....