Updated Palettes Not Reflected in Cuelist

I have a recurring issue where I have made some rough position palettes then recorded some cues. Later I go in and fine tune those position palettes but when I go back the cuelist the old positions are still in the cues. The only way I have found to fix those cues is to rerecord them selecting the same palette again, but this is very time consuming.

I am not using direct palettes just standard palettes. Am I correct in assuming that if a cue is built with a palette and that palette is updated all the cues using that palette should be updated?

Thanks.

Travis Slyter
  • Yes. When you update the position palette, the cue should be updated as well.

When you open the cue in an editor and turn on show palettes, do you see a reference to the proper palette name?

Are you sure that all of the fixtures you're looking at were already in the position palette? Position palettes are per-fixture by default, so you would need to have had each light you're looking at in the position palette. If you copy position data from a light that is in the palette to a light that is not, it would just copy the hard values.

If you pressed @ before applying the position palette, it would only apply the hard values and not the palette reference.
Related