Hog3PC can't connect to Server or crashes

racefaceraceface Registered User
Hi everybody,

I've installed the new Hog3PC 3.0.1 b2425 on a Vista Home Premium 32b system.

Before running it the first time, I deactivated the third party firewall (windows firewall is always deactivated) and set the application to start as an Administrator.

At first the application startet with loopback network settings, so I changed them to the WiFi-adapters specifications. Trying to start a show resulted in not connecting to the server. So I tried with waiting two times. After that I changed the network-settings from using DHCP to manually configured, aplly and changing back to DHCP.

Now the application seemed to connect to the server, crashed and left all processes running. All Hog3PC processes seem to run (using CPU load) except the fpdriver-win32-golden.exe.

What can I do, to see the application or to prevent the crashing?

Regards

Andy

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited January 2009
    I asume you have killed all processes via the process tab in task manager? Then restarted..? What error do you get exactly?
  • racefaceraceface Registered User
    edited January 2009
    I didn't kill any processes and I didn't get any errors. After connecting to the server all windows disappear and nothing happens.

After a while I tried to kill the processes, but I wasn't able to kill all. So I restarted and tried it again, the same happened.

andy
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited January 2009
    To kill all processes, right click on one of the hog 3 pc ones, win golden etc and press "kill process tree", this should ensure all processes are killed. And no errors... that seems strange...
    edited January 2009
    Killing the processes is not my problem :) .

My problem is, that the application stops.

Greets

andy
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited January 2009
    How many network adapters are enabled on your computer. I assume a wired and a wireless.
    edited January 2009
    At first I had three network adapters, WiFi, LAN and Bluetooth, actually I'm online via WiFi so I deactivated LAN and bluetooth after I wasn't able to start Hog3PC, but the problem was still the same.

Greetz

Andy
    edited January 2009
    Do you still have a loopback adapter enabled as well?
    edited January 2009
    I have never installed a loopback adapter on that system.

Here is my ipconfig

ipconfig.jpg

andy
    edited January 2009
    For the sake of troubleshooting try disabling all of your network adapters and starting Hog3PC. I am going to share your network settings with out development team and see if they have any insight.
    edited January 2009
    I tried if you said and deactivated all network adapters, and the application wasn't able to connect to the server.

Here is my ipconfig and the network settings, which appears at the application.

ipconfig2.jpg

hog-net-config.jpg

andy
    edited January 2009
    Something appears to be wrong outside of the scope of your network settings. Did you have any of these problems on that laptop running previous versions of Hog3PC?
    edited January 2009
    I never tried Hog3PC on that system before because of the incompatibilities with Vista. Within a virtual XP system with VirtualBox on that laptop it's working fine.

All other programs are running fine and without any problems.