hog 3 for vista

eventdesignlabeventdesignlab Registered User
I am having problems getting Hog3 to run on 2 different Vista computers with a usb widget. I can bring up the Hog start menu but when I load a new show it won't start the show server. Has anyone figured this out yet. High End doesn't have an answer yet.

Thanks,

DBS
:hogsign:

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Is "start server" enabled in the options?
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited December 2008
    Make sure while you are in the start screen, before you launch a new show that there aren't any server processes running in the windows task manager.
  • eventdesignlabeventdesignlab Registered User
    edited December 2008
    The run server is checked and I did not see any other server processes in the windows task manager window Chris.
  • d.pendletond.pendleton Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Check you're running the hog3 pc app' as an administrator, and that the firewall rules have been accepted. - There's a number of things that vista insists on blocking if user access control within vista is turned on. - This can be disabled under control panel users, (last option, turn user access control on or off) - It could be blocking the launch of the other processes the software needs to run properly.
  • wrxsilverbulletwrxsilverbullet Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Is the new version designed to run on 64-bit Vista?

Does it run on 64-bit?
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited December 2008
    The new version is no designed to run on Vista 64.
    I' m using it with Vista 64 with out any trouble but it is not the best solution.
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited December 2008
    For the most part 64-bit systems run 32-bit applications like Hog3PC very well. However, Vista x64 doesn’t run x86 drivers which is what we use for our USB devices. Therefore, the answer is yes, Hog3PC will run on Vista 64 and will work as an offline editor but unfortunately you will not yet be able to get an Flying Pig USB hardware to function.
  • lightmike87lightmike87 Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Another question about HogIII on Vista, I am trying to build a fixture for a cheap LED Par I got my hands on. it's 5 channels Dimmer Red Green Blue Strobe, in that order, everything is 0-255 nothing weird, So when I finish the fixture, I hit Build Type, I get the message "Failed to add type to database".

Any Ideas?
    Thanks

Also when just copying an existing fixture and hitting build type, there is a fatal error and the software crashes
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited December 2008
    I already had this message, but look if it has not been created in "user created" manufacturer of the Add Fixtures window.
    edited December 2008
    They are in the add fixtures window, but when brought up in the programmer have no attributes. everything is shaded in, which is because in the builder is still says unused.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Personaly friend, I would ask HES support to make the fixture/library for you. The fixture builder is a weak part of wholehog O/S.

Email Mitch or Steve, they both have accounts on here, so there info is around.
    edited December 2008
    ok, thanks
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2008
    All,

We are aware of a current bug in v3.0 build 2417 that causes the fixture builder to not correctly add fixtures to the schedule. This is a top priority to be fixed in a patch right after the new year. If you need a library created please post the request in the library request section of these forums. Your library will be created as quickly as possible.

thanks for your understanding,