VM's with a BCF2000?

lightbrightlightbright Registered User
Hey all,
I have a bcf2000 that I want to use with my Hog 500. I'm can't really figure out from the manual what I can control with it. Can I use it to control Virtual Masters and connect them to faders like regular masters?

Thanks

Comments

• AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Here is the link to how you do it:
    http://home.online.no/~andhelgo/dl/Hog2PC_Midi.zip
    I have successfully made this work with a BCF2000 and Hog2 PC, not sure if it will work on a 500/1k though.
    One thing to note: This will not give you more faders, the external MIDI control only works for faders 1-8, so the BCF would just be redundant.
  • ahelgorahelgor Registered User
    edited May 2008
    andris is right. this is possible,hovewer, the BCF is not capable of doing this on it's own. you need a piece of software to translate the midi signals from the BCF to the Hog. And as Andris said, this only work's with the first 8 masters, so personally i don't see what this will gain you, since you already have the hardware. With Hog2PC it's of cource very usefull!

If you still want to try this (Actually I've only done this with H2pc myself. So i'm not 100% shure if the H500/1000 supports midinotes in, but if it does,) you will need a computer with a midi in and a midi out port. put the computer between the hog and the BCF, and route the midi signal through MIDI-OX(which will do the translation)
  • lightbrightlightbright Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Thanks guys. that seems pretty pointless if I can't use the faders. I guess I'll go with something like an "x keys". Do you know what the process to set that up would be?
  • ahelgorahelgor Registered User
    edited May 2008
    yup, the x-keys are just a keyboard, so you just map keyboard buttons to the different keys. so you basically just enters the Hogpc's keyboard shortcuts.. -Very easy!
    edited May 2008
    Thanks ahelgor. So with an xkeys how would you control Virtual Masters for say color or gobos? Would you make Macros? example: marco 1 = "list 11, enter"

Can the x keys do it's own macros? meaning if F8 is "list" and I want to press go on List 11, I could have on key that was "List + 11"?
    So, every key on the "x keys" would be "F8" + a "#" (#=cuelist number)

or is there a better way to do it?
    That way is basically the same as using my 'list' button with the key pad
    can you use "Goto" on VM's?
    edited May 2008
    I just figured that stuff out. but I've got another Virtual Master question

If I were to put my position cues on virtual masters, is there anyway I can adjust the fade time on the fly?
    the 'time' button only works with the programmer.