effect on fader

barrsurfbarrsurf Registered User
Hey all,
Could anyone tell me how to assign an effect (ballyhoo, circles etc...) to a fader and have the effect operate around whatever position is in the programmer? i.e. not around a specific position, but any position.

Thanks,

Barrett

Comments

• Emiliano MorgiaEmiliano Morgia Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2006
    NOT SURE : try to record a QL with the FX then assign the CUE to a FADER , set the FADER as IFCB .

sorry if it's not work I did not play with WHII since long time
  • amir877amir877 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2006
    Program the EFX > Knockout out the Pan and Tilt (Undo Pos) > Record the EFX to a Fader > set the Fader to IFCB.
    then you can select any position and the EFX will add to it any where the position is.

Amir
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited June 2006
    When you program the effect as Amir has described, make sure that the far right hand column says "Use Base" as opposed to "Ignore Base" or the fixtures will always use their default values as the base point.:)
  • barrsurfbarrsurf Registered User
    edited June 2006
    Thanks for the quick info guys. Much appreciated.
    edited June 2006
    Hey Marty, long time don't see you here, where have you been ??? ill miss your post in my thread.
    See your show in the HES web, look beautiful !!

Amir
    Danix.co.il
    Israel
    edited June 2006
    :beerchug: Thanks Amir.

:drive: I've been running around here and there. Not always internet access available on job sites, so I go away for a few days. Then I'll pop back up again.
    edited June 2006
    Amir or Marty,
    Where is the (undo pos) option for the pan/tilt parameters? I tried to take out those parameters, but the effect then didn't run. I never have time to work with the console because I have different gear every day, i.e. Hog one day, Grandma the next, Maxxys after that... You get the picture!
    edited June 2006
    If you Undo Pan/Tilt paramters after you create the effect, you will also lose the effect.

So just go directly to the effects engine and don't use the P/T encoders. Making sure that you create the effect to Use Base.

This should work, but it's been a while since I've really used H2.:hogsign:
    edited June 2006
    Ye, im with Marty, since i have my III, long time don't use a Hog II.
    If i remember right, you need to program the Efx, press and hold the Undo button and touch the Pan and Tilt encoders.
  • Mike HansonMike Hanson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2006
    The Hog 2 EFX do not work the same way as in the Hog 3. In the hog 2 you have to have a parameter value for the EFX to apply to a parameter. Knocking out the pan will get rid of the EFX, and just applying the EFX from the EFX engine, this will apply 50% for the Pan to the EFX, so if you then try to knock the Pan out you will knock out the EFX. You will have to have the parameter value recorded with the EFX. The Hog 3 will let you do this. You can record just an EFX onto a Scene and then you change the Options of the I fader to crossfade IPCB. And now you can crossfade into the EFX. This is very cool.
    edited June 2006
    Thanks guys,
    I knew it would work on one of the hogs, so it must be the III.

Barry
  • lightbrightlightbright Registered User
    edited April 2008
    so will this not work on a Hog 500?
  • sandahsandah Registered User
    edited May 2008
    it's impossible on hog 500/1000 to create EFX without a base. Solution for this would be to create a seperate palette with a position. Create the EFX with this palette, if you want to change the base position of this EFX, simply change the position palette.

hope this will get you there