changing lighting fixtures in Hog2 Showfile

somethingbritesomethingbrite Registered User
O.K.
I've searched the forums for this and so far drawn a blank.

Is it possible to change lighting fixtures in a Hog2 showfile?

For example, Show is programmed with mac2K's and then these fixtures are physically changed to VL3000's at a later date.
Is it possible to simply change the fixture type in the Hog (with a little tweaking magic) and "hey presto" all the lighting Cue's are pretty much as they should be?

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited November 2007
    Not really. There are some rather complicated things you can do using CLONE functionality, but it is probably more time consuming than it is worth.:eek:

I know it probably doesn't help your present situation, but the H3 software has CHANGE TYPE functionality which will do essentially what you are asking for.;)
  • PryderiPryderi Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2007
    As Marty mentioned, it is time consuming. But you can alleviate some of the number crunching by building Macros.

An example would be a Macro that Load's a pallette, clones the information from one type to your new type then Updates. You just have to run this Macro x times....

I have done it several times, but it's very boring.

P
  • somethingbritesomethingbrite Registered User
    edited November 2007
    cheers. That'll save me wondering why there is no mention of a change type function in the Hog2 documentation. Its not there.
    I may give messing around with macro's a shot, that could kill a few hours at airports........