Can't upgrade to 2.2.1

BuckeytBuckeyt Registered User
edited November 2007 in Wholehog Lighting Control
System is one hog 3 console two dp2000's and one Midi/timcode unit. All are on a static ip of 10.68.191.131 then 132, 133 and 134 the subnets are all set to 255.255.255.198.

When I did a clean install of 2.2.1 I got the dp's and the timecode unit to take an upgrade from the console but after that they would lock up and the console would not see them. I tried to rest the console and the dp's with the same results. The dp's front panel would lock up completly until I would unplug it form the network then it would act fine.

I reloaded 2.0.2 all the dp's loaded that version and everything works fine. Same ip address same system

Any ideas?

Doug

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited November 2007
    Not that it should technically matter.......but maybe it has something to do with the fact that you have strayed from the standard IP and Subnets used on H3.

Standard IPs look like: 172.31.0.xxx
    With standard subnet: 255.255.0.0

....I've used many other ranges with no problems before, but it might be worth a try reverting to the standard ranges.
  • edited November 2007
    255.255.255.198 is not really a valid subnet mask. That last octet is 1100 0110 in binary. Perhaps you wanted 255.255.255.192 which is a valid subnet mask for a /26 (6 bit subnet)?
  • BuckeytBuckeyt Registered User
    edited November 2007
    Sorry about that 198 is a typo I ment 192 as the last in the subnet.
    edited November 2007
    Ok, so I changed everything back to 172.31.0.xxx with a subnet of 255.255.0.0 and it all works fine. So there is something about that ip or subnet that the system did not like. I will have to see if I can get it changed for the time being. :D

Doug
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited November 2007
    Well at least it is all working properly now. ;)
    If I may ask, what is the reason for using the other IP/Subnet range? Are you on a larger network of some sort?
  • jabadgerjabadger Registered User
    edited November 2007
    It's complicated :-)
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited November 2007
    That's an understatement!!!!!
  • edited November 2007
    The system certainly can work with other address ranges, and quite a few users work in the 10.x.x.x region, and 192.168.x.x and so on.

As to why it didn't work for your particular case, it's likely something specific to your network config. When you had the upgrade issues with the 10.68.191.x address range, was it connected to a larger network, or was it isolated? Was it only upgrades that failed, or did you have problems with running shows?
    edited November 2007
    The reason for the that ip address and subnet is because it is being used on a larger system. Like Bager said complicated maybe a little over complicated. I did find out that it seems the ip and subnet maybe a mistake and possably trying to be used by something else. So currently the H3 is off that system until that gets straitened out.

It was only the upgrade that failed. They were having some problems with cues not exicuting on time code even though the board was seeing time code. That might have had something to do tihe the ip feasko, waiting to find out on that one now.

Doug