(1775) Bug Report: Network Window Ghosts

jabadgerjabadger Registered User
edited November 2007 in Wholehog Lighting Control
Name: Badger
Date: 10/19/07
Software Version and build number: 2.2.1 (1775)
Number of displays: 0
Connected USB Devices: 0
Networked Devices: RCU, 1DP, 4IOP, Hog3PC

After logging off the client and going to check on the server, I noticed that there is 7 different instances of my HogPC machine as "ghosts" in the network window. Almost like every different time I signed on that night and got a new IP, it created a different device in the network window (even though I always had the same console ID number on the Hog3PC).

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited October 2007
    Sounds like the logical nodes are not getting cleaned up. I am curious if this still occurs if you use a custom static IP address for the client.
  • jabadgerjabadger Registered User
    edited October 2007
    I have a few more days where I can try that out. I'll let you know.
  • jabadgerjabadger Registered User
    edited October 2007
    No difference when I change IP's. Fortunately I don't have to connect to this show file anymore, good thing. There's about 14 Console ID #3's in there.

The same time all this happened too, over half of the fixtures in the show would show no output or values in the output screen. Cross hatches on everything including parameters it has, like a dimmer, cross hatches over the intensity column. So when I was running a cue, grab a couple channels that were clearly on, push touch. Bam, they immediately go to zero. I'd have to extract them from a cue to get the correct values into the programmer. This only happened on the Hog3PC computer though. A console connected to the show or the server would act fine.

I'll email you the final show file.
    edited October 2007
    I got the show file now and I'm going to take a look. I think I got the issue with touching parameters and values going to zero reproducable now on a new show. I will see if it is the same on your show file. We'll also look at these logical node ghosts that seem to be tacking onto the show file.
    edited November 2007
    Anyone else seeing DPs ghosting in the network window?