Visualizer is not "visible" using Hog 4 PC

Any help for this woud be appreciated. The on-line tutorials are all (as far as I can tell) specific to console use. Most of those instructions are general enough to easily figure out how to apply them to a PC, but this has me stumped. I'm also unable to get to the Plot section, but I think this is because I need a full size touchscreen. Fingers won't allow me to touch and hold three 1/4" square buttons simultaneously : (
  • Any help for this woud be appreciated. The on-line tutorials are all (as far as I can tell) specific to console use. Most of those instructions are general enough to easily figure out how to apply them to a PC, but this has me stumped. I'm also unable to get to the Plot section, but I think this is because I need a full size touchscreen. Fingers won't allow me to touch and hold three 1/4" square buttons simultaneously : (
  • You'll need to supply a bit more info. Are you trying to connect to a visualiser on the same PC as the Hog 4 instance? What's your network setup?

To get to plot view, hold "Open" and it will bring up a series of soft buttons at the bottom of the screen, "plots" is about 2/3 in from the left hand side

• Thanks Gordo, my set-up consists of my touch screen laptop, 1 large external monitor through HDMI, trackball and keyboard. Hog 4 PC is loaded and working on the laptop. No additional network other than internet. I may be wrong to assume there is an in-built visualzer within Hog 4 PC, but I have the box in Settings upon Star-up “checked” for Visualizer. I have no third part Visualizer connected. I’ll try to view the Plot again using your tip. If there is onboard Viz I’ll really be impressed!!! Thank you sir. As a good friend of mine once sang: I should be sleeping.
  • Ah...there is no onboard visualizer with the hog program. You can get basic colour/intensity information from the plot views, but no positions/3d rendering

The visualizer check box only enables a data stream for the relevant third party visualisers
  • Thanks! I thought that might be a bit much to expect.
  • Hello,

Yes, the Hog4 software does not have a built-in visualizer, there is the plot window which was mentioned above, the plot window is good for displaying intensity and color in a graphical layout. It can also be used for fixture selections and pixel mapping. It does not have 3D visualizer functionality.

That being said, all consoles we sell come with a visualizer included. If you purchased a console before January 1st, 2019 it should have come with a Light Converse dongle. And if the console was purchased from HES after January 1st, 2019 it would come with a Capture License