Button size seems larger

Hello,

Recently we updated our Rackhog 4 to version 3.10 coming from 3.7.1. Everything went well and the update went successful. However there was one thing I noticed when opening a show I've used previous on this system. All the buttons (scenes, groups etc.) seem to have gotten bigger. Where in the old software version (3.7.1) I could fit 2 windows of 15 buttons on one screen it now seems reduced to 2 windows of 13 buttons. This means I have less real estate per view and have to basically restructure the whole show as it is a fixed venue/light-plot.
I'm already running the maximal resolution available (1920x1080, 60hz,24bpp). The screen I'm using is a ELO 2201L 22".
Is this because from 3.9.0 a new Linux build was introduced?
Of course I could set the size of the buttons to small but this is definitely not preferred. In the old situation I had enough detail, so I don't need the buttons to be bigger on the medium setting. In general the whole UI looks a bit more bloated.
I've already tried switching to different (lower) resolutions but this only made the problem worse.
If you need any more info/specs please let me know

TIA
  • Change in 3.9.0 causes for the true DPI of the monitor to be read and reported to Hog. This can cause a change in UI.

Have you also adjusted the resolution on the monitor?
  • Hmmm, I see the thought behind that in which the "physical" size of the button is always the same compared to the amount of buttons on a screen no matter how large or small the screen is (providing you stay on the same resolution). The latter would be better in my opinion as it doesn't force you to rearrange your windows if you switch screens. Never had a problem where the buttons were "too small"
    The screen is connected through DVI/HDMI so there are no options to change the resolution on the screen as this is digitally communicated.

Edit1: I tested the same showfile on my home computer running Hog4PC on version 3.10. I have a 23" monitor connected also running on 1920x1080. When I open the same showfile it does display the show correctly, exactly the same way as it did on the Rackhog before the update. On the hog4pc it also looks sharper and less bloated, on a larger screen, than on the smaller 22" connected to the Rackhog. Both are running the same resolution.