Which of the new Hog v2.2.1 files to install on iPC?

joeshepardjoeshepard Registered User
edited August 2007 in Wholehog Lighting Control
I've successfully installed and am running Hog 3PC Version: v2.2.1 (1775) and everything seems quite happy.

It necessary (or advisable) to install the v2.2.1 (1775) Hog iPC Configuration Panel and the Version 8.03 Xpe image file?

Thanks!

Joe

Comments

• leebotleebot Registered User
    edited August 2007
    It is necessary to install the Ipc Config Panel FIRST, then the H3pc Upgrade. You may experience unexplainable problems by not upgrading in the proper order. If you want to make it one upgrade you can install the XPe image. This is like a computer's restore cd it can format the hard drive and restore all the console settings to factory default by doing a full restore. A partial restore will keep your show files on the hard drive, but as everyone will say backup,. backup, backup it is always improtant to keep a hard copy of your shows on cd and usb.
  • joeshepardjoeshepard Registered User
    edited August 2007
    So, since I have already installed the 2.2.1 upgrade how should I proceed?

Install the panel and then reinstall the upgrade?

Thanks,

Joe
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited August 2007
    Hi joe,
    Ok just to throw a spanner in the works i would go back to the download page for IPC software select xpe 8.03 where you will actually get to linked to slightly newer version of xpe 8.04 which is as far as i can see a slight fix/upgrade for IPC.
    Download/Burn a new iso image/install as directed.
    I would do a full install,save any information shows you want to keep.

Regards Cormac.
    edited August 2007
    Cormac,
    I took your advise and downloaded xpe8.04, backed up and did the full install. All went easily except for the fact that all of my computers are Macs and had to have my brother burn the .iso to CD for me :=P

Thanks to both you and Lee for keeping me on the Hog OS straight and narrow!

Joe
    edited August 2007
    Hiya,
    good it worked out in the end.
    Would suggest making the jump sometime in the future and get yourself some burning software to make your own iso disks,you won't need to upgrade IPC software to a new iso revision for a while so maybe think of it as a long term plan.

Later.
  • jabadgerjabadger Registered User
    edited August 2007
    joeshepard wrote:
    Cormac,
    All went easily except for the fact that all of my computers are Macs and had to have my brother burn the .iso to CD for me :=P
    Joe

You CAN burn an .iso on your Mac. I do it all the time.

-Download the .iso and then open Disk Utility (Applications/Utilities).
    -From the FILE menu click OPEN DISK IMAGE and navigate and open the Hog .iso file.
    -Click on the .iso file and not the disk in the browser in the Disk Utility and then click BURN.
    -Voila.
    edited August 2007
    Not a mac user but i'm sure this is a big bonus for those who are....
    good information indeed.

C
    edited August 2007
    Excellent!

Thanks Jason!