Insert mark?

hjames_007hjames_007 Registered User
edited July 2007 in Wholehog Lighting Control
is this a hogII command that got lost in the hogIII? i love being able to insert a mark and if i update the cue that mark does accordingly. i've searched the manual for a while to try and find a quick way to mimick this command, and the closest i've come is to put a delay on my intensity parameter. is there another way to redeem this beloved hogII command?

i found another thread that answered my question and couldn't figure out how to delete my thread, so that's the update!

Comments

• ahelgorahelgor Registered User
    edited July 2007
    sing out loud, and maybe Hes will join you in the chorus;)

-it's on the bug list to implement, so hes are very aware of this..but you are sertainly not alone to wan't this back!

-Personally, that together with change eff rate live is probably the two things i miss most atm..

-Not to highjack the thread, but Tom/Brad:

since theese things seems to come up quite regurarly from time to time, would it be an idea to have some sort of place on the forums where you would put up some questions about what we would like to see comming to the desk first? -Not nessesarily a voting system, but somewhere we could "rank" out wishes in some way?? -Maybe it will work better in theory though, I don't know??
  • mikewoodldmikewoodld Registered User
    edited July 2007
    ahelgor wrote:
    sing out loud, and maybe Hes will join you in the chorus;)

-it's on the bug list to implement, so hes are very aware of this..but you are sertainly not alone to wan't this back!

-Personally, that together with change eff rate live is probably the two things i miss most atm..

-Not to highjack the thread, but Tom/Brad:

since theese things seems to come up quite regurarly from time to time, would it be an idea to have some sort of place on the forums where you would put up some questions about what we would like to see comming to the desk first? -Not nessesarily a voting system, but somewhere we could "rank" out wishes in some way?? -Maybe it will work better in theory though, I don't know??

I think that's an excellent idea. I know all the good suggestions go onto a list, but maybe if there was some place where users could show which features are most wanted, it could help with development?
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited July 2007
    mikewoodld wrote:
    I think that's an excellent idea. I know all the good suggestions go onto a list, but maybe if there was some place where users could show which features are most wanted, it could help with development?

I've logged the request to have a place where forum users could post most requested features as enhancement 345799.It's not on the priority list at the moment due to the fact that it isn't a priority and will not make it onto that list until it becomes a request that forum user really want and at the moment only 2 of you have asked for the suggestions list to be created so as you can see....

http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=855&highlight=mark Post from November 2005 requesting mark

All in jest,meant as a joke and is a joke.
    C
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Thanks Cormac for logging this request for us. :D

Seriously to everyone..

We do take every request and multiples of requests into consideration as we plan for each new software version. There are many factors that determine what features/fixes are targeted for each release. These include market demands, internal goals, customer requests, and time to implement.

One of the reasons that Tom and I read these forms is to collect exactly this type of data in regards to user requests.

We currently have several Wholehog projects and plans under development and we are continuing to meet the requests of users.

If you have specific items that you feel need to be implemented prior to others, please email me directly at brad_schiller (at) highend.com and I will be happy to discuss this further directly with each of you.

thanks,
  • mikewoodldmikewoodld Registered User
    edited July 2007
    bradpepe wrote:
    Thanks Cormac for logging this request for us. :D

Seriously to everyone..

We do take every request and multiples of requests into consideration as we plan for each new software version. There are many factors that determine what features/fixes are targeted for each release. These include market demands, internal goals, customer requests, and time to implement.

One of the reasons that Tom and I read these forms is to collect exactly this type of data in regards to user requests.

We currently have several Wholehog projects and plans under development and we are continuing to meet the requests of users.

If you have specific items that you feel need to be implemented prior to others, please email me directly at brad_schiller (at) highend.com and I will be happy to discuss this further directly with each of you.

thanks,

I understand completely, I was just thinking that that could be a cool feature for the forum, as it would also save on the # of posts that people post for feature requests. I know you guys are busy, and that you take everything into account when making decisions... But as cormac said, just another request to add a request. haha :-)
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited July 2007
    No really,
    it is a good idea but i don't want to overstep here but i have posted before about multiple posts about the same issues
    1/Mark Q
    2/Workaround for mark Q
    3/efx rate
    4/IPC monitors
    5/wyg connectivity and lack of it
    6/How to use the search function

I actually have a few pages of documents that i usually just cut and paste relevant info from to speed up replies,i know a lot of my own posts were probably answered well before i asked but i just didn't bother to look any further than the end of the page,so yes a good idea but just another task that isn't really going to speed up implementing mark q and only really serves to create more online paperwork.
    Take the smiles and stuff off the forum pages and insert the advanced search function instead would be my answer.

My words only Cormac