Studio spot/color 250

microsimmicrosim Registered User
edited April 2008 in Misc. Discussion
I have 10 Heads of those mentioned above, I have serious problem with them ALL. that when you turn them off after use, and re apply the power to them , ( after 2 minuts) none of the lamps turns ON, and the displays shows LAMP TIME OUT ERROR, and to solve this, I go one by one, throug the menu and turn the lamp ON manually.

How I can solve this issue.

Thanks ALL

Comments

• mikewoodldmikewoodld Registered User
    edited June 2007
    How many hours are on the lamps / fixtures themselves? I've noticed that the older they are, the longer you have to wait between firing the lamps after a power down.

Also, how are you powering the fixtures? Are you trying to power all 10 up at one time? try staggering the startups - 2 or 3 at a time max.

Another thing I have found is that they sometimes like having data coming to them before they start up.

Short of those three things, the only way I have found to fix the problem (assuming it's not a lamp hours issue) is to manually fire each of them... and god, can this be a pain when they're all up in the air.

Since it's happening to all of them at once, I think it is a power issue (but I could be wrong, of course) try letting them all cool down, and then cycling the restarts.
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited June 2007
    If you are only waiting 2 minutes the lamps probably have not cooled enought to restrike.
    It is common for high end fixtures to need around 5-10 minutes to cool enough to restrike.
    Hope that helps,
    Joshua Wood
  • microsimmicrosim Registered User
    edited June 2007
    After several retries, I can report that I must wait 10 minuts, also the DMX signal MUST be removed at the heads,

If I turn ON the light after 6 minuts, and the DMX signla is applied, Problem appears. re doing the above process without the DMX signal being applied things OK, wait enogh time and APPLY DMX it will strike,

I thing this is better than going up in the air!

Thnaks All again.

Sam
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Woodj32177 wrote:
    If you are only waiting 2 minutes the lamps probably have not cooled enought to restrike.
    It is common for high end fixtures to need around 5-10 minutes to cool enough to restrike.
    Hope that helps,
    Joshua Wood

2 min?:09: It takes 10- 15 for the lamps to cool to do a re-strike. These are not short arc lamps, therefor you must let them cool down. Joshua is totally correct.
  • dmb182dmb182 Registered User
    edited April 2008
    yeah this isnt a problem. it's what's called "hot strike" and studio spot 250's dont have that feature. You are basically waiting for the lamp to cool, before it turns back on. newer fixtures such as the studio command have hot strike.

Studio spots use a short arc bulb i think which limits the time it takes to turn it back on.
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited April 2008
    Actually, studio spots don't have a short arc lamp,
    and in any case, it really isn't too much about the lamp, more about the lamp power supply and ignitor.
    Xspot and studio beam both have short arc lamps, but the fixture has the hot restrike built in, so can do a hot restrike...
    Wow, I remember this thread from last summer....
    whoo hoo blast from the past!;)
    Joshua Wood