REQUEST: Output when no DPs attached.

I've been struggling with the exact way to request this, it has been on my wishlist for awhile.
I understand the 'WHY" of why it is the way it is, but I see immense value in updating. (Or I could just be missing something obvious, in which case, PLEASE enlighten me! I'm happy to learn)

I frequently preprogram Hog show files in the office (both on physical consoles and PC). I typically add my DPs (typically 3-8), assign multiple consoles, patch fixtures to my DPs , groups, palettes, macros, etc. Sometimes, I use Light Converse or ESP Vision, but typically not.

I don't usually have other DPs and console physically hooked up at this point, but I do have them patched. (They wouldn't begin to all fit on the internal DP).
I can get a lot of preproduction done this way, writing cues and palettes as placeholders, and updating them with real values once on site.
My problem is that unless a DP that is patched is actually online, the Output Window just shows blank values. It doesn't say "UNPATCHED" since they are patched, but the are all blank fields. So when I try and create cuelists and playback timing, the output window is useless.
The new Plots (which I love, and *would* be useful in this setup) have the same behavior. The fixtures show up, but won't indicate intensity or color unless the DP is present. They won't even indicate Highlight.

Thoughts?