technobeam error : UPLD

Pro-LightingPro-Lighting Registered User
edited August 2011 in HES Automated Lighting
Hi,

We have two technobeams. One of them shows the UPLD message from the begining (it doesn´t make even the initial reset and home). we have tried to upload a firmware version from another technobeam. The upload is OK but the technobeam still the same.

The other one has the same problem, but the UPLD appears at any moment, maybe 1 hour, maybe days. Anyone has seen anything similar? we are getting crazy here! :aargh4:

Comments

• Pro-LightingPro-Lighting Registered User
    edited May 2007
    I have tried it several times (more than 10), and are the same model. So this don´t have solution here?
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Hey Chris,
    What about the "Cheater" button on the PCB, would that help?
    Joshua Wood
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Gotcha,
    I thought I had used it when I was having a problem with uploading software in the past, I must be mistaken...
    Or I just happened to get lucky right after doing it.
    Josh
  • RomanRoman Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Dear Josh, just my 2 cents:

I had the same problem about a year age with a tb from a customer.
    Finally it was a loosen connection directly at the cpu. ( If that helps)
    Was a bit tricky to find out but it works until now.
    I also heard that the ram of the tb can go bad and the result woud be an error you told.

If you have any questions fell free to contact me.:phone:

Best regards from Austria

Roman
  • TimMillerTimMiller Registered User
    edited May 2007
    if it will let you into the menu system, i'd say go into test and then to boot, to reboot the software. It solves many problems.
    edited May 2007
    We don´t have access to the menu, the UPLD appears at the begining. We have tried to upload with the dongle a new software version but stills the same although the firmware uploads well and the technobeam has a good comunication with the pc (the checksum is ok)
  • TimMillerTimMiller Registered User
    edited May 2007
    I ran into a problem like this before, and i'm trying to remember what i did to fix it. It was on a color pro.
    edited May 2007
    MAybe throwing them from a 9th floor?:17:
  • ksjacobsenksjacobsen Registered User
    edited August 2011
    I have a Technobeam with the same problem. Earlier in the year I had this happen & I sent the logic board into Lightparts for repair for them to find nothing wrong with it. So I reinstalled the logic board & it has worked fine till now. Now it just says UPLD again as soon as it's powered on. I don't really want to send it back for repair again just for the same thing to happen & get charged another hundred something dollars for them to find nothing wrong with it. Any ideas?