sACN Networking into existing theatre network

Ran into some challenges networking a Nano (with a Lenovo all-in-one touchscreen running 2.6.0) using sACN into an existing theatre's lighting network. The theatre uses an ETC Eos, 2 CEM+ sensor racks in universe 1, and D60 vivid LED fixtures and Mac 250 Entours in universe 2. Went to the DMX processor settings, fixturenet tab and set up static ip addy and in the sACN tab enabled 2 ports (1 @ universe 1, 1 @ universe 2).

With the Eos off, brought up conventionals to focus and the fixtures would black out between 1-3 seconds. Brought up different fixtures and same thing would happen. Checked the dimmer rack for errors and it listed "config mismatch 2". Then tested the 250's out and the fixtures would pan left but not right and tilt forward but not backwards. the console would show pan value @ -270 or tilt value @ 144 but the fixtures would stop at 0.

For troubleshooting did the basic power down/power up, swapped rj45 cables, swapped ports in the switch, changed ip addy, used a different computer to run Hog4 with different ip addy. Nothing worked. We then disconnected the Nano from the network, booted up the Eos to double check the rig and everything worked fine. Left the Eos online, connected the Nano back into the network and the conventionals were stabilized so no more black outs occurred. The pan/tilt issue with the 250's remained.

Have I missed something in my set up? Any recommendations what to try to fix the pan/tilt issue or the conventionals issue so we don't need to have the house console inline?

thanks in advance,
Cory
  • I see you sent it over to LN also, but here's my take.

I, too, have a theater with an Ion and a RH4. It took some time, but getting it to all play nice was a challenge. However, the challenge was NOT on the HES side. It was on the ETC getting to play properly. Priority and patch merging are the two specific areas you should look at. I noticed on LN that you're going into a Paradigm system. Luckily, I was just going into a 4port gateway. But there were still issues with priority and timeouts that took time to figure out.
    If it keeps happening, give ETC Support a call. But wanted you to know, that EVERY issues I had was with ETC and not the RH. I used a sACN viewer and the RH was alway spot on and showed up.
  • Sounds like you have a merging issue with the ETC nodes.

The tilt channels for example are being held from the ETC desk at 50%. (even though desk is off its sounds like its holding its last value) Seems to me there is some sort of HTP merging going on because you can increase the channel between 51% to 100%

To prove this take the tilt on the ETC desk as far as it will go then switch to the hog. I bet you will then have full movement.

I don't know a great deal about ETC nodes but if you can change HTP to LTP you might be closer to it working as expected.

Can you power off the nodes then switch them on followed by your Hog?