help

Hi, as mentioned before this has been happening on another show. running latest version, on pc with nano for programming.

hog 4 pc becomes unresponsive and must be forced to close, and end process on all 5 processes after doing any of the following:

while after starting a new show, it crashes every time i try to record a cue or list to a master.(now wont record any cue lists anywhere) even after re install, restarting ect.

after naming a bunch of scenes or cue lists.

updating a cue in a list

------------------------------------------------------------------------

after starting new show, opening patch window and loading fixtures is, selecting the fixtures, i press @ and nothing happens. if i restart it works.

hog 4 disappears occasionally from my screens but is still running in the back ground.

every time any of these instances above occur, hog 4 pc is still outputting dmx, and play back still works, even if hog is not actually running on the screen.

i have a major festival in 2 days time, site programing is to commence in less than 20 hours from the time of this post. ive already tried your hotline, nobody answered. I'm in Australia. please help.

i had no problems with the last update or any of them really except for that ftdriver issue, now total chaos. i should mention that the file runs fine on fb4, but that doesnt help me now while programming on pc.
  • Are you running as an administrator on the computer?
    Do you have your Firewall turned off?
    Is your Wifi and Bluetooth enabled on the computer?
    Is you computer hooked up to a network?

For a faster response please call the office and our support guys can help you out.
    We do have a 24 hour hotline so I'm not sure why no one answered your call.
  • i am having huge problems with hog 4. The forums have not been working for me since the new site was loaded, and ive tried to call your hotline for help but since im in australia nobody is ever awake.

since i updated to the latest version of hog pc, all my show files (made new in this update) have critical errors.

when i begin programming after an hour or so, i lose the ability to record cues on masters, or just onto lists. when i hit record hog pc crashes. it is un responsive and does a force close happens. then when i try to open it again there are still 5 pcocceses runnig, so im hit with the "hog is already running" message. once i restart im typically able to record a cue onto a master or list once before the cycle of death starts over again.

the problem is carried over to fb4 when i use it, but seems to run ok with show files created by other people. this as you can imagine is massively frustrating for me. i have several small shows coming up witch require vast amounts of timecoded cues that i am so far unable to program. i need help! i need instructions on who to send my show files to, how to do show (as i remember i need to do some 3rd party transfer or something?)

also please for the love of god can you fix the forums? to access this ive used the www2. prefix. seems to work.
  • also to answer your question michael, yes i was running in administrator, running no firewall, not on a lan, connected to a switch or any other network hardware. this problem is the least of my worries now as you can read in the post above this.

the pc im running this on is clean, updated, brand new running windows 8 and is dedicated to only running hog4 pc. thats it.

also my nano is still outputting dmx, and the playback still works after hog4 pc has crashed and forced closed.
    this has been a problem for me since october, and ive been unable to contact anyone here or at hes due to touring, and the forums not working for me
  • Strobie, this is not a fix but will help. When HogPC crashes press pig/open/backspace at the same time and restart the desktop. This will get you up and running again very quickly and at least mean you can hopefully get some programming done.
  • thats very handy Leggy, Thanks! alas, it does not solve the problem of not being able to store cues. :(
  • Please send the show files to me and I will take a look.
    Please use www.wetransfer.com to send the files.

Please send to MGRAHAM@barco.com

We do have a 24 hour support line, if you called that someone should have answered or at least called you back.
    did that not happen?
  • sent. good luck making sense of it. its very strange. some background info, most of the errors occurred as i was storing cues to lists assigned to masters. when this failed and hog crashed, i restarted. , i tried to simply store the information in random cue lists. this didn't work. after a reset or 6 it would let me store the cue or more than one, but then would freeze again. and repeat the cycle. playback always worked, unless it was a virtual fader or scene which of coarse would not work because hog had disappeared. on fb4, the console would just stop working altho playback would respond, the high end systems logo whouls apear and the console would have to be hard reset to continue programming.

i would also get the same fault ocassionally while renaming cue list or scenes.