Need help!

helpmehelpme Registered User
edited April 2007 in HES Automated Lighting
Hello, I recently got a Technobeam Take Two from a friend but the bulb/lamp is burnt out, and I'm looking for the cheapest (if possible) lamp to buy, I have no idea what lamp is needed for a Technobeam Take Two and I've been browsing the internet for a few hours trying to find out. :( I need some help please to get pointed in the right direction, thank you very much if you can help!!!! :headbang:

Comments

• PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited April 2007
    MSD-250-2. For a High End Systems Technobeam.
    Whats a take two?:dunce: Thats a new one on me.
    It's a monday so I'm allowed to feel a 'lil stupid.;)
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Not to correct you Puffy,
    I know you know this but if he looks for a msd-250-2 I am not sure what he is going to get,
    The actual designation is MSD 250/2, I know, not a big deal, but you never know...
    I would also suggest you always use phillips lamps as the GE knockoffs are no good, they tend to have a non-passive failure (BOOM)

Also, I would like to know what the "take two" version is...
    Unless you are talking about Trackspot 2, not technobeam....
    In any case Trackspot 2 also takes the same MSD250/2 Lamp,

And Just FYI, Both will also take the older style MSD 250, but the color temp is a bit lower, so the fixture will not seem quite as bright..

Joshua Wood
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Assuming, of course, that we are in fact talking about Technobeams and not Trackspot and Trackspot 2...

The original Technobeam had a silver stripe down the side. The Technobeam text was in black.

When the Technobeam i (iris) was released, the non-iris version was changed. These newer Technobeams have a black stripe with silver text.

As far as I'm aware, there are only a few differences. This is from memory only and may not be entirely correct. I believe that the older technobeams cannot have an iris added to them, have fewer on-board presets, and have slightly slower motors.

I hope this helps.
  • mikewoodldmikewoodld Registered User
    edited April 2007
    just by doing a quick google on "technobeam take two," it looks as if Take Two is a company -
    c580_1.JPG

via ebay.
    edited April 2007
    Nice work Mike!:D

I agree with using Phillips lamps. They are the best.
  • helpmehelpme Registered User
    edited April 2007
    The picture Mike posted is the exact type of one I have, how do I find out which exact type of technobeam mine is? And if possible where is the cheapest place to buy the bulb I need? Thank you.
    edited April 2007
    helpme wrote:
    The picture Mike posted is the exact type of one I have, how do I find out which exact type of technobeam mine is? And if possible where is the cheapest place to buy the bulb I need? Thank you.

Well, if it is a normal technobeam, as it appears, then the lamp would be a MSD 250/2. I think that the "Take Two" Designation is just a particular vendor or company that has their mark on it.

as far as lamp vendors, try http://www.allbulbs.com. I have never purchased lamps through them, but I do get gel and tape from them and have seen that their lamp prices are cheap. I don't know if they carry Phillips or not in that designation, so you'll have to do some exploring on their site.
    edited April 2007
    mikewoodld wrote:
    Well, if it is a normal technobeam, as it appears, then the lamp would be a MSD 250/2. I think that the "Take Two" Designation is just a particular vendor or company that has their mark on it.

as far as lamp vendors, try http://www.allbulbs.com. I have never purchased lamps through them, but I do get gel and tape from them and have seen that their lamp prices are cheap. I don't know if they carry Phillips or not in that designation, so you'll have to do some exploring on their site.

I just checked the site, they have the Phillips MSD 250/2 for $93.50 each.

I don't know if this is a good price or not, because I don't buy these lamps, but I do know that many of the other items they sell are great deals.
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited April 2007
    That seems to be about the going price for small quanities.
    edited April 2007
    Phillips MSD 250/2 for $93.50 each is a good price!! Grab a few.:D
    edited April 2007
    Just FYI, those prices are Case prices, Having never bought from them, I am not sure how much higher their single prices are.
    Joshua Wood
  • helpmehelpme Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Sorry to ask so much but I've been looking around and I can't find a place to buy just one bulb, I want to know if the technobeam still works before I put 100 bucks into it and I get 5 bulbs that I can't use for anything, thanks for any help given. :)
    edited April 2007
    Woodj32177 wrote:
    Just FYI, those prices are Case prices, Having never bought from them, I am not sure how much higher their single prices are.
    Joshua Wood

Ah, I see. I wasn't sure either.
    edited April 2007
    I am sure if you call them, Allbulbs will sell you one lamp,
    It will probably be around 100$

Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood
  • TimMillerTimMiller Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Take Two is a company out of dallas texas. I occasionaly buy equipment from them. They are a Highend Dealer and repair company.