Desktop Crash (1618)

barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
edited March 2007 in Wholehog Lighting Control
This just happened. While editing some fixtures in the cue editor and then pressing Next to edit the next cue, I came to a point where when I pressed Next I lost the desktop. Every screen went black. I just restarted the desktop in the processes window and everything came back. I got no error message when this happened.

Comments

• teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Scott,

Are you able to reproduce this problem?

If so, I'd be interested in taking a look at your show file.

Thanks.
  • barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, I'm having problems sending my file through my email. I've been needing to send Brad a copy too about a different issue. I'll try from my home computer tonight and see if that works.
  • BillyOBillyO Registered User
    edited March 2007
    I had a similar problem on my last show.
    I was cutting and pasting cues in a cue list and the desktop crashed while playing back a specific cue, the last one I pasted.
    I restarted the desktop and that specific cue would crash the desktop everytime. I had used this cue, cut and pasted it, numerous times prior.
    Rebooted the console, with the same result.
    I was running a backup console on an A/B switch, loaded that show file and the same cue would crash that consoles desktop also.
    I deleted that cue, rewrote it and everything was fine.

Tom, I will send you a show file.

Bill O'Neil
  • barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    Tom,
    I sent Brad a copy of this show file for other issues. I will start a new thread on that.
  • bnjiebnjie Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Yesterday, i had the same problem. I updated a cue and instead of pushing enter, i pushed update again, a second update window popped up, when i closed the second one all my screens went blank. Faders and everything else seemed to work, but the functions on the touchscreens where gone.

Brian
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    Like I said in another thread I managed to crash Hog3PC also with two times update. It was a total crash...straight to windows the whole program exit, no error messages.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Sami,

The problem with being able to open multiple auto-update windows (and the associated crash that can happen if you try to update) is logged as defect #10526. Because this was a functional regression, this defect has already been targeted to a release and is scheduled to be fixed shortly.

Thanks.