[request] Key command to release selected scene/list from virtual master.

As in title would be nice to have a key combination to release, assert, play, pause ETC. selected virtual master's scene or cuelist.

At this moment using virtual masters for lists or scenes is very uncomfortable.

I suggest to make it following way:
-When there is cuelist or scene selected (visible in command line ex. "List1 List2") pressing PIG + release will release only List 1 and List 2.
-When command line is clear PIG + release will release all lists and scenes.

I think its a great idea that making usage of virtual masters much more usefull.

What you thinking about it?

EDIT:

There is also another way to make playback from virtual masters easier:
-Making virtual masters able to be Choosen just like physical masters. So virtual masters would be able to be controlled by master play, pause, release, assert, back and both skip keys.

It would be even better than conception i had before. And would be nice to make it optional (user would be able to chose he want make virtual masters "chooseable" or not).

I think its a great idea, and it should be implemented, and making it optional will not confuse users that do not want to have "chooseable" virtual masters.
  • This will break the whole syntax of HOG OS. List 1 in the command line is kind of an "undefined" state for the console, because you might select a command afterwards like copy, delete or so.
    PIG + Release is for so long been used for releasing all that this should stay like it is, in no matter what state the console is.
    Example: I would like to copy list 1 to list 2 and just typed list 1 and then the LD says: hey clear the stage please.... no good...
    To release you could touch and hold the list in the cuelist window and press release

And for the other request:
    Bring up another playback-bar and put some stuff on those, with the new shortcut-commands this is just a matter of seconds.
    (Ah sorry, they will come in V2.1 which was shown during LDI)
  • [QUOTE=MLorenz;71504]
    To release you could touch and hold the list in the cuelist window and press release

Nevermind. Thanx. But can i do it in HOG 4 PC? hold and release seems not working on 4PC cause i cannot hold virtual master by shift.
    And can i use same trick for play and pause? I mean holding master play button then tapping virtual master?
  • I didn´t knew that you only have the software and no hardware or touchscreen.
    yes, any choosen master on another playbackbar will be connected, also for the holding down option it will work
  • I ever further to simulation the evaluation noesis and this event I recovered in you communicator. It is important to choose right one since the first time. This has given very useful information.
    It has helped me a lot. Thank you very much. That can be a nice power resource for internet. This posting is marvelous and what a fantastic research that you have done.
  • My workaround for a tactile way to release a virtual cue list is to program a second list that only has a blank cue in it. In the blank cue I include a release comment macro for the list or lists in question.