URGENT! - Spot & Color 250 Lamp Errors - URGENT

mikewoodldmikewoodld Registered User
edited February 2007 in HES Automated Lighting
After powering up this rig for a show that goes up this coming thursday, I have a serious problem.

I keep getting LITE TOUT errors on just about all of my fixtures in this show when they first power up and recieve signal.

I can manually fire the lamps, and 75% of the time that fires them right up (with the exception of a few that still give me issues), but with the nature of this rig it is going to be hard to do this before every show.

I have 12 spots and 8 colors, all rentals, and all but maybe two are having this problem at times.

My gut feeling is that it is a power issue, but I really don't have any other choices when it comes to the distro of power for these fixtures. I've tried a few times plugging them into wall circuits and things like that, but I still get the errors no matter what.

Could it be the lamp hour counter needing reset? Something bad in the data line? I really want to get it figured out because like I said, it isn't practical for me to have to manually fire all of them each time I power up.

Comments

• PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Well, reset the hours to take that out of the deal.
    How old are the units?
    How many hours on them?
    Whats the voltage at the fixture?
    Are you trying to fire them all at once?
    Are the starters being engaged?
    Are the lamp sockets clean and the fans operating without junk in them?

A rental huh... Id be calling for more units and to have those fixed. :hitwithrock: That many units being bad really sux. I check mine before they go out every time. Bad units make me look bad and I hate that.:no:
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Well, my guesses are,
    Old lamps, Sometimes older lamps have a harder time striking..

Weak Ignitors. Once again weak ignitors could cause this,

And to me most likely,
    Voltage drop while the lamps are striking,
    How many fixtures do you have per circuit?
    What gauge is the wiring??
    are you running them 110?

Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood
  • mikewoodldmikewoodld Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Well, today they all fired up with absolutely no problems all day.

Ususally, I power them up in sequence so that there isn't any chance for a problem, but today I didn't power them on and the person doing it did them all at once.

They all were fine.

So, so, so weird.

I did have one issue with one color, I had to move it so I unplugged it. When going to power it back up, I had to wait about 5 minutes for the lamp to cool down before it would finally refire. This makes sense to me, it's just when they were doing this from a cold start that was puzzling me.

So, we will see what happens tomorrow morning.
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited February 2007
    There are times when I have observed 250's that had power and no dmx not want to start till power was recycled.:Eyecrazy: Sometimes things just get weird. No reason. :dunno:
    Power recycle happens! :09:
  • mikewoodldmikewoodld Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Well, it all worked out without any more problems.

It doesn't make any sense to me, but it worked so that's all that matters.

Thanks for the input though guys!