DL3 server is asking for a password?

I have 4 DL3's that I need to load content on to. These units are subrented. When I drop the content into the folder, a window pops up asking for a user name and password. The default name is administrator. I have tried the usual passwords. I have a call in to the lighting house that we rented them from but, no word yet.
Has anybody seen this before? Is this something the last user set up?
Please help.
Bud
  • Hi Bud,

I'm going to wager a guess that you are using the Mac CMA on a computer that is running either OSX Lion or Mountain Lion. Apple's changes to the file sharing protocols starting in OSX Lion broke Mac CMA connectivity with the DL/Axon servers, and causes the password prompt you are seeing. It is looking for the admin password for the server, which I cannot give out.

Essentially, Apple created their own version of the SMB file sharing protocol that made sharing between a computer running Windows (or in the case of the DL/Axon servers, Windows Embedded) and OSX much more finicky. This is an example of one of many changes Apple kept throwing at us that lead us to stop developing and supporting the Mac CMA. In order to use the CMA, you'll need a Windows based PC.

Best,
  • You are correct. I was running the mac cma.
    Luckily, I have my PC with me. I dusted it off and loaded the new cma and everything is working well.
    Thanks,
    Bud