OSC requests and some questions

Just playing around with hog4PC and an OSCtouch remote on iOS, mostly everything works great, but some questions and requests or enhancements are coming up in mind.

Is it possible to have a hardware osc command for activating the Programmer window. In the past with OSCtouch connected via MissingLink with hog3-console i found out, when i left my console with the Patch window open and active, i was patching instead of setting a fixture at a certain level. My workaround was one button with 2 midi-strings attached to: Open and bottom Softkey 3 (/midi/0x92 25 x /midi/0x94 2 x), to open the programmer before typing levels. I was trying to bundle osc-commands, but had no luck to find the right syntax.
Is it possible to have hardware osc commands for KnockOut and (un)Park, again for the hog3 there were specified midi-notes, so you did not have to use the soft buttons.
The OSC command for Main Choose is referring to master=0; So hitting twice you will get: chosen master – not a cuelist.
In the manual, chapter 18.2.5 it is about the soft-buttons. Since the console and the full boar have 3 times 16 buttons, there should be an update of the midi-notes. An other story for the roadhog and nano, they have 2 times 16 buttons; lower are midi-note 0->15, upper are 16->31.
After a while, in the Log Viewer there was an Error mentioned (Error dissecting OSC packet:9), 12 times in a row after one second, repeating less or more every 45 seconds. What is going wrong?

When i hit the go button, the green status led is lit, after the cue has run the red status led of the halt button should be lit, but this was not happening anymore after a while of programming and trying, although it was doing right before.

With best regards,
san
  • To add some on the list,

Is it possible to have a comment macro to en- and disable midi in- and output, like there is the possibility for clock and timecode. And of course the same for OSC-commands.
  • [QUOTE=sander;64386]To add some on the list,

Is it possible to have a comment macro to en- and disable midi in- and output, like there is the possibility for clock and timecode. And of course the same for OSC-commands.

MIDI OUTPUT: today in H4 you can only disable MSC output. Comment Macro midi always goes. Are you asking to change that or are you asking to disable just MSC via comment macro?

MIDI INPUT: are you asking for a single macro to enable both MSC and notes?
  • [QUOTE=sander;64375]The OSC command for Main Choose is referring to master=0; So hitting twice you will get: chosen master – not a cuelist.

I am unable to recreate this using the OSC addresses:

/hog/hardware/mainchoose/1 (button down)
    and
    /hog/hardware/mainchoose/0 (button up)

Which addresses are you sending?:(
  • [QUOTE=sander;64375]
    After a while, in the Log Viewer there was an Error mentioned (Error dissecting OSC packet:9), 12 times in a row after one second,repeating less or more every 45 seconds. What is going wrong?

Error 9 means INVALID PACKET LENGTH and means H4 thinks you are sending alphabet soup instead of OSC packets. What software are you using on the sending side?:06:
  • [QUOTE=sander;64375]When i hit the go button, the green status led is lit, after the cue has run the red status led of the halt button should be lit, but this was not happening anymore after a while of programming and trying, although it was doing right before

Not necessarily. If you play a cuelist with just desk-channels in it there won't be a red indication, because it is not clear you still have something affected on stage. Patch a showgun with pan/tilt into a cuelist and play it and yes you will get flashing red.
  • [QUOTE=datadriver;64388]MIDI OUTPUT: today in H4 you can only disable MSC output. Comment Macro midi always goes. Are you asking to change that or are you asking to disable just MSC via comment macro?

MIDI INPUT: are you asking for a single macro to enable both MSC and notes?

Yes, that should be very nice to have both otions via comment macro. And can that been done as well for OSC?
  • [QUOTE=datadriver;64389]I am unable to recreate this using the OSC addresses:

/hog/hardware/mainchoose/1 (button down)
    and
    /hog/hardware/mainchoose/0 (button up)

Which addresses are you sending?:(

I send to /hog/hardware/mainchoose; This is also the adress on the OSCtouch layout for the ipad that i downloaded from the flyingpig site.
    To be a bit more clear what happens: for example, on hogPC chooser 10 is lit and no windows are open. I double tap the mainchoose button on the front panel, the one above the assert button, then the window opens with the list of master 10. (this is what i expect).
    When i do the same, but using the OSCtouch /hog/hardware/mainchoose, none of the chooser buttons is lit any more, and the window that opens has the header: Chosen Master - Not a cuelist.
  • [QUOTE=datadriver;64390]Error 9 means INVALID PACKET LENGTH and means H4 thinks you are sending alphabet soup instead of OSC packets. What software are you using on the sending side?:06:

I am using OSCtouch with an iphone. Today i did some testing again, with the same setup and i did not got any Error messages any more... I am quiet sure that i was not sending rubish, but i could not find it today.
  • [QUOTE=datadriver;64391]Not necessarily. If you play a cuelist with just desk-channels in it there won't be a red indication, because it is not clear you still have something affected on stage. Patch a showgun with pan/tilt into a cuelist and play it and yes you will get flashing red.

nice to learn every day a bit more!! (probably rtfm...)
  • [QUOTE=sander;64432]To be a bit more clear what happens: for example, on hogPC chooser 10 is lit and no windows are open. I double tap the mainchoose button on the front panel, the one above the assert button, then the window opens with the list of master 10. (this is what i expect).
    When i do the same, but using the OSCtouch /hog/hardware/mainchoose, none of the chooser buttons is lit any more, and the window that opens has the header: Chosen Master - Not a cuelist.

Ok, now I see it. This is bug#17536