RGB LED Not Crossfading Propperly Between Cue Lists

Hello All,
I am having a troubling problem: I have 70 PixelLine 1044s as Cyc lights, these lights are patched as 3 Generic RGB LEDs each and I have been programming them using CMY and Intensity only. I have a separate "video look" cue list outside of my main show list and every time I activate it, the LEDs snap to black before then fading CMY and intensity to programmed levels... This does not happen when fading between cues within a list or when releasing the "video look," but does also happen when using "fade changes" in the programmer and overriding values in a cue. Is this a bug with the software, profile or fixture? Or am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • I think you might be running into a known bug. I believe it has been discussed in other places here on the forums but here is an over view with some workaround ideas:

When RGB LEDs are mixed using CMY and have a value less than 100%, then stomping them with another list which is mixed with CMY at 100% intensity will cause an undesired drop out of intensity while performing the stomping xfade.

Here is an example:
    20 LED-fixtures (Generic RGB LED)
    In cuelist 1 cue 1 : master intensity at 50% with color mixed to red using cmy
    In cuelist 2 cue 1 : master intensity at 100% with color mixed blue using cmy
    When cuelist 1/1 is active and I start cuelist 2/1, the intensity breaks down to 20% and fades up to 100% with fade timing.

Notes:
    1) The lower the master intensity value is on the stomped cuelist the more obvious the intensity drop out is during the xfade.
    2) This does not occur when uisng I-red, I-green, I-blue
    3) This does not occur in a single cuelist situation
Related