linea movement

Hi Everyone

Is there a linear movement option for moveing heads in HOG3.

cheers
  • [QUOTE=nick c;59430]Is there a linear movement option for moveing heads in HOG3.

Not sure what you mean by this.
    You can set the fade path for Pan/Tilt to linear (it should be in most cases by default).
    Please give a bit more info as to what exactly it is you are looking for.
  • Hi Marty

I am not talking about the dimmer curves for pan and tilt movement.

linear movement, is a function that quite a few desks have. it is a method of moving between two points in a straight line (shortest distance).

The example is: lets say that you have two stages, one at either end of a hall and in the midle is a moveing head. you have two pick ups one on each stage and they both have the same tilt elevation. with linear movement you can make the moving head go from one pick up to the next in a direct line useing both pan and tilt. So the beam will move in the shortest route from one pick up to the other down the midle of the hall. where as what happens now is that the desk will just cross fades the pan and the beam will spin around the room to get to the next pick up.

I first used this function in the early / mid nineties with the ventura desk and have been useing it recently with the Strand Palette. It is a superb function.

I hope i have explained myself properly.

Cheers
  • There is no such function in the HOG3.
    A work around might be:

Pos A with a tilt-elevation positive
    Pos B with a tilt-elevation negative
    When you know change those 2 positions your moving-light will do your "linear" movement.

I´m wondering how in your example the Strand Console will handle the values...
    Lowering the tilt till 0 deg and the bring it up again in a combinationwith the movement of pan?
  • Thanks for the info Marc.

I was asking or should i say wishing the function was available on the Hog3.

I was thinking that another way around it, would be to use the old Hog2 method of plotting out the four corners of a square on the stage and use the XYZ tracking. Althow i have not done it for years and years. And don't know if it is still available, as i can't find anything about it in the manual.

Cheers
  • [QUOTE=nick c;59440]the old Hog2 method of plotting out the four corners of a square on the stage and use the XYZ tracking. Althow i have not done it for years and years. And don't know if it is still available, as i can't find anything about it in the manual.

XYZ is not available on Hog-3, but that would not necessarily get you what you want either.

Best method to achieve this is to assign different fade and/or delay times to Pan vs Tilt.

For example you might set Pan with a fade time of 1sec and zero delay, and Tilt with a 2 sec fade time and 1 sec delay.

This would make the fixture Tilt at half the speed of the Pan and start its' Tilt 1 sec after Pan begins.

Hope this helps. :)
  • I should have expected XYZ tracking not to be available for Hog3!

I supose i can always use feed back from Wyg for XYZ tracking.

Cheers
Related