Store list window

Hiya!

I use the List window a lot, and perhaps many others, to have fast access to lists and fire them with one touch. Its really nice, becouse we can use over 70 cuelists on one window, and 70 more on the other display.

I think most of us use lists with one single cues for typical busking shows.

Now when we build all of that, we take the parameters and records it to a list, fine..

But when we update them, we need to:
1. open a list.
2. press edit.
3. make changes.
4. press update.

... isnt that a really anoying way of doin it if you have a show with 100+ lists that needs to be updated for a new rig youve just arived to and you have 30 min changeover to make final check and possible add some new stuff?

So what i suggest is that you guys make this happen instead:
1. we change parameters we would like in the programmer, add or "out" parameters to remove.
2. press record.
3. press desired list to be updated.
4. window pops up and asks: record new cue, make update to cue, overwrite cue.

its just so much cleaner instead of see thousands of big windows poping up all the time.. the cleaner interface, the faster we work. As we all know, Time=Money.

You know, "big 'ol granny" has been doing this since old times, why not hog..

And why do i make this post to long? well i think lots of users would like this, and im on the train trying to program for a show and it would save me lots of time.. :)

Chheerrss :friday:
  • [QUOTE=kinglevel;59423]window pops up and asks: record new cue, make update to cue, overwrite cue.

Sounds very MA-ish.:rolleyes::poke:
    Personally I hate that pop-up window on the MA....slows things down IMO.

On H3 you can actually update directly though the command line if you wish.

Make changes in Programmer.
    Merge - List ### - Cue ### - Enter
    Done.
    Very fast!

Hope this helps. :)
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma;59424]Sounds very MA-ish.:rolleyes::poke:
    Personally I hate that pop-up window on the MA....slows things down IMO.

On H3 you can actually update directly though the command line if you wish.

Make changes in Programmer.
    Merge - List ### - Cue ### - Enter
    Done.
    Very fast!

not to be rude, but you hog people are really stuck with things... :)

ok if we do a calculation of this. your command takes 10 button presses.

if we have 70 lists and multiple that with your command press (10), thats 700 button presses.

my way has 2 button presses, (record then merge window). 70x2= 140 button press.

+we have to clear that command of yours sometimes couse our fingers is too fast and fat.

and this is only one window with those lists, if we have two that would be 1400 agains 280 presses (!!!!!)

... so why is my method a slower one?
  • [QUOTE=kinglevel;59425]not to be rude, but you hog people are really stuck with things... :)

if we have 70 lists and multiple that with your command press (10), thats 700 button presses.

my way has 2 button presses, (record then merge window). 70x2= 140 button press.

+we have to clear that command of yours sometimes couse our fingers is too fast and fat.

and this is only one window with those lists, if we have two that would be 1400 agains 280 presses (!!!!!)

ok sorry my mistake.. my command takes 3 presses:

record
    press list
    press merge on the window.

so thats 210 presses for 70 lists
  • If you are using lists of only one cue, I'd suggest using scenes instead.
    You can then merge updates very quickly.

Update in programmer
    "merge"
    Appropriate scene button in scene window.

Done, with even fewer button presses.

Although, what data is in there that isn't updated from pallets anyway?

Leggy.
  • [QUOTE=Leggy;59427]If you are using lists of only one cue, I'd suggest using scenes instead.
    You can then merge updates very quickly.

Update in programmer
    "merge"
    Appropriate scene button in scene window.

Done, with even fewer button presses.

Although, what data is in there that isn't updated from pallets anyway?

Leggy.

thats as equal long command as the window thing. Will try it at the venue.

In the cuelists i also use macros + there are not only one parameter in each list, some list has C and B combined, and some list triggs a lot of other stuff.

But why does that command only work for scenes? should work with lists too :S
  • [QUOTE=kinglevel;59426]not to be rude, but you hog people are really stuck with things... :)

Because you don't have to wait for the system to throw up a popup window....then move your hand to the window to make a selection....then move you hand back to the keypad.

If you are a fast programmer, you can do this all from H3 command line without waiting, so it might be a few more keystrokes, but it takes less time.

At least on H3 you only have to press Clear once. :D

[QUOTE=kinglevel;59426]
    record
    press list
    press merge on the window.

so thats 210 presses for 70 lists

Don't press Record....press Merge.
    Eliminates 1/2 of your keystrokes.

I agree with Leggy in that you probably should build your cues from palettes, then update the palettes....then the appropriate Colour, Beam, Position, etc in your cues all update accordingly.....kinda the whole point. ;)

Scenes only have one "look"....you cannot make a "stack" in a Scene the way you can in a List.

It is just a different approach than other desks...once you're used to it, you'll be surprised how fast you can really go.

• [QUOTE=Marty Postma;59436]Because you don't have to wait for the system to throw up a popup window....then move your hand to the window to make a selection....then move you hand back to the keypad.

If you are a fast programmer, you can do this all from H3 command line without waiting, so it might be a few more keystrokes, but it takes less time.

At least on H3 you only have to press Clear once. :D

Don't press Record....press Merge.
    Eliminates 1/2 of your keystrokes.

I agree with Leggy in that you probably should build your cues from palettes, then update the palettes....then the appropriate Colour, Beam, Position, etc in your cues all update accordingly.....kinda the whole point. ;)

Scenes only have one "look"....you cannot make a "stack" in a Scene the way you can in a List.

It is just a different approach than other desks...once you're used to it, you'll be surprised how fast you can really go.

About the lift hand thing and the system to popup a window.. Seriously?
    It takes half a second for the system to do that.

Yes i use palettes for everything in my cues, but some of them not.
  • Edvard has a point in is request...

But, I suggest that Record List # should add a new cue, but using Merge List # should just merge to a cue if there's only one cue in list. If there's multiple cues in a list merge should be done to the current cue.

Thoughts?
  • [QUOTE=srautane;59492]Edvard has a point in is request...

But, I suggest that Record List # should add a new cue, but using Merge List # should just merge to a cue if there's only one cue in list. If there's multiple cues in a list merge should be done to the current cue.

Thoughts?

late answer...

yes that would be a simple solution to that.
    But if you do it like that you cannot choose between merge or replace?

Maybe a double tap on merge to enable replace?
  • [QUOTE=kinglevel;60053]late answer...

yes that would be a simple solution to that.
    But if you do it like that you cannot choose between merge or replace?

Maybe a double tap on merge to enable replace?

And of course we are talking about Hog here, nobody from HES cares or answer....... great stuff.....
Related