irradiant 3201 rgb on hog 2

I need any help I can get in order to make the hog 2 talk to the above mentioned fixture. I went through the german software guys program trying the best I could and got nothing but frustrated. Anybody have any tips? Product numbers? Anything? Thanks!!!
  • The description of the process to add a fixture to the Hog-2 is very good in the manual. Since you don't state whether your problem is defining the fixture correctly, or getting it to load, I can't be any more specific without more information.

- Tim
  • Sorry about the spotty info. When I go through and define the fixture and all of the parameters in the _lib.lib file then try to load the show back into the console I get an error message while loading. I don't know what the manufacturer or product numbers are but I saw in the manual to use 99 for the manufacturer number so I used it for both.
  • And once again, the most useful bit of information, the actual error, you have not provided . . . .

Bottom line, is that unless you botch the syntax, tagging your entry (or the stuff from the generator) onto the bottom of _lib.lib *AND* incrementing the "COUNT=x" value at the top of the file should bring the file in. If you don't use a unique number for the fixture, that gets ugly too - 99 is correct for "roll your own" for a vendor type, and then start at 1 and work up for fixture type.

If you get syntax errors, look at the manual, and make sure that *EVERY* punctuation mark, tab, etc. is exactly the way the example shows. If braces are used, make sure you have the right ones ({[ are not equivalent!

If all else fails, please post your fixture description, and we can take a look at it. I am overseas at the moment, but will be back to the office late tomorrow, where all my resources are, so can provide examples if needed.

- Tim
Related