Multi - console issues

2xWholehog consoloes numbered 1&2. "Run server" on Console 2 un-checked. 3.1.9 runs smoothly in the same environment and with the same settings, on 3.2.0 I get a lot of "Server busy" and "Database commit failed" messages, plus occasional DMX freezes. Plus terrible performance - list->move->choose = 5sec waiting! Anybody tried this?
  • Marcin, this has not been our experience in test at all. We need to establish which operations and possibly which settings in particular are causing the problems you are reporting. Make sure you are only running one DHCP server on the network and that at least one of the consoles has a custom boot server range specified in the network window.

Also, when a server busy or database commit failed issue arises it will usually continue until you log off both consoles and reload the show. I imagine your were experiencing this issue in a single show session over and over again. In any case I will need a copy of your show file and some examples of the operations you were doing to cause this to these errors.

Also, can you define how the "dmx freeze" presented itself. Was it a lack of responsiveness from the programmer or a glitch in playback? How long were the freezes?
  • Chris,
    I posted my show in another thread, this is the same file. The operation that repeatedly triggered problems (or a failover, when I tried having 2 servers on) was moving a scene to an IPCB fader.
    By "dmx freeze" I mean all movements and effects stopping for a while, so this might as well be no DMX transmitted whatsoever.
  • [QUOTE=c_muenchow;55495]Also, can you define how the "dmx freeze" presented itself. Was it a lack of responsiveness from the programmer or a glitch in playback? How long were the freezes?

I found this little movie of the incident. The band's LD was not happy. I mean REALLY not happy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1h1qq6_Js8 (from 25 secs on).
  • If you watch this movie, you get my point right: I am a Wholehog advocate wherever and whenever possible. But if a console that is ten years out in the market and should be well beyond its toothing pains does something like this to Ali Pike, in front of a few dozen thousand audience, on a simple busking job, what can I say?
Related