Effiecient Workflow within Hog2PC

Ok, I'm kinda a newbie in lighting (especially Wholehog 2). I am a volunteer at my church and my knowledge of Wholehog 2 is well not very good.

I have an idea and I am not sure if this is even possible. I was loooking in the owners manual for this particualr idea, but I must of overlooked it.

I have different songs on different cuelists, say in this case Cuelist on Fader 5, one on 6, and the "MAIN" show on 7.

When we go into worship I release the "MAIN" and activate one of the cue lists on 5 or 6. Is there a way I can add a link to that within the "MAIN" playlist and if not whats the "correct" way to transition to this cuelist flawlessly.

We have Hog 3, I'm in the proecess of learning that and I can't wait.

Thanks a ton
  • Do you want a cue in fader 7 to activate a cue in one of the other faders? Then a comment macro will do that for you. I don't recall the exact syntax so look it up to verify... In the comment column of your fader 7 cue, type ">C5:T1" (choose fader 5, goto cue 1).

Another approach is to just press play on fader 5 (or fader 6) when you go into a song. Make certain that all of the applicable channels are in your song fader that you want to control and fader 5 will seamlessly take control of them when you press go. Then when you next press play on fader 7 it will resume control of those channels.

Same techniques apply for Hog 3, but the comment macro syntax is different.
Related